Political Discussion

Mothers are a poor example in this context though. My mother was probably the same but entirely because she had three boys and it’s was a process of osmosis. Three sons who never shut the fuck up about it forced her too know way too much about something. She had zero interest in.

As a fella being good at, and following, sport is so tied up into traditional and expected ideas of gender norms and masculinity in an almost at times toxic way. Being shit at it, or worse not even liking it, can leave you vulnerable to shit at a formative age and would probably turn you off it to the point that you’d almost actively avoid knowing about it. Equally that’s fine, it’s entertainment, knowing or not knowing of it isn’t important in the slightest. This woman isn’t Taylor Swift or Madonna or the likes of Messi Ronaldo, Maradonna or Backham.
Yeah, I knew a lot more about sports when my brother and dad were around more often.

Yeah, I knew a lot more about sports when my brother and dad were around more often.
Same with my guy friends from work/school. Now that I don't really hang out with anyone but my wife and all my guy friends live out of state or are you record nerds, I haven't even watched the super bowl the last few years. If it wasn't for the Swifty stuff, I would have no idea who won.

I get that. It’s possible that -
1. Ms Clark has not reached that level
2. To @Joe Mac ’s point above, the current nature of media consumption means that level of exposure is harder to obtain
It’s possible.

I don’t really wanna talk about this anymore as I don’t want hurt anybody’s feelings and @Joe Mac implied I was being an asshole in my earlier replies so while I’m sure it wouldn’t offend you if we dug deeper, I don’t care enough about any this to risk coming off as a shithead.

I have a reputation to protect.

Last edited:
I’ll use a music example I’d bet 95% of the folks here know Wilco. I always thought it was odd that there were so many normies that did not know who they were. Then when I got the YHF box, I read the book and learned that it only went gold recently. This band that is omnipresent to me has barely reached most people.
Music ones always blow my mind. It even works in opposite directions. Like I had no idea that Linkin Park was as freaking big as they were. I thought they were like Papa Roach tier in the American consciousness and it surprised me to learn over the last couple years that they are somehow far more relevant than I ever knew.

I’ll use a music example I’d bet 95% of the folks here know Wilco. I always thought it was odd that there were so many normies that did not know who they were. Then when I got the YHF box, I read the book and learned that it only went gold recently. This band that is omnipresent to me has barely reached most people.

Yep and even bigger again, I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of my friends who aren’t into records or CDs and have heard of the National. For most people who even say they like music it’s a song here or there or it’s Oasis & U2 size bands and pop stars.

It’s possible.

I don’t really wanna talk about this anymore as I don’t want hurt anybody’s feelings and @Joe Mac implied I was being an asshole in my earlier replies so while I sure it wouldn’t offend you if we dug deeper, I don’t care enough about any this to risk coming off as a shithead.

I have a reputation to protect.
I’ll also say this, I think when you enter certain threads, you should be expected to check some things - this thread, the hit takes thread and the your fave is problematic thread may lead to high blood pressure so it’s best to be conscious of that.

I like talking shit and debating. For what it’s worth, you never hurt my feelings or came off as any more of a shit head than normal.

I’ll also say this, I think when you enter certain threads, you should be expected to check some things - this thread, the hit takes thread and the your fave is problematic thread may lead to high blood pressure so it’s best to be conscious of that.

I like talking shit and debating. For what it’s worth, you never hurt my feelings or came off as any more of a shit head than normal.
No worries. I didn’t think I had.

And also @TenderLovingKiller® I’m just grumpy and persistence in a losing battle annoys me, I work for some really stupid shits at the moment. I’ll be in Sardinia on Sunday downing beers and wondering why you’re all so angry and not chill.

Hope you catch the bouquet. Or the belt. I don't even know if they do that sort of thing anymore.

I’m completely clueless. It’s basiscally a traditional Italian wedding but my dad has stumped up for a free bar of our types of drink because you can’t leave the Scots and Irish dry or relying on vino in formal wear in 25-30 celcius!

Back