Political Discussion

I’m REALLY pissed that the goddamned republicans are fucking politicizing Helene response.

Republicans here are complaining about how sluggish the state has been in getting supplies places and that there hasn’t been enough National Guard and “we knew the storm was coming why wasn’t all this in place?” It’s been a fucking rescue mission for three days and the fucking roads are just fucking gone. There are entire towns (like Chimney Rock where I spent my honeymoon) THAT ARE FUCKING GONE. Everyone can’t be everywhere at once. AND ALSO YOU DUMB FUCKS WANT TO GUT THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AND FEMA.

Edit: and what exactly would have been the purpose of having more people and supplies there prior to the storm - more people to rescue and more shit to have been swept away?

Not to mention large portions of Asheville are very low lying, River Arts District, Biltmore.

This morning, @VP and I convened our national security team to discuss Laurie Strodes plans to launch an imminent attack against Michael Myers.
We discussed how the United States is prepared to help Michael Myers defend against these attacks, and protect American serial killers in the region.

This morning, @VP and I convened our national security team to discuss Laurie Strodes plans to launch an imminent attack against Michael Myers.
We discussed how the United States is prepared to help Michael Myers defend against these attacks, and protect American serial killers in the region.

I don’t mind the US shooting down missiles. I just wish they would put as much effort into preventing Israel from dropping bombs on its own people.

The storm caught a lot of people off guard. The path was strange. If I lived in the mountains of western NC or northern Georgia, I wouldn’t have ever considered evacuating. It’s hard to wrap your mind around being the far inland and worrying about a hurricane.
It’s not exactly unprecedented, Hugo in 89 or 90 flooded Boone similar to what this storm did.

Vance’s smug face needs a good punch 😤.

I’m really baffled by his claim of undocumented migrants crossing the border and somehow competing with Americans for homes. People with nothing to their name when they enter this country are somehow able to afford six-figure homes??? WTF!?
Walz called it for what it is… blame. He just didn’t frame it as a racist authoritarian trope.

It’s probably a good thing not to bait Vance. Walz is a bit of a hot head. If it goes down that road, I don’t think it goes well for him.

Normally, Waltz lack of politcal polish is an asset. Right now, against the smariest of grifters, it's a huge liability.
He’s speaking better, but his policies and lies still suck.

I mean Walz wasn’t given the opportunity to respond to Tariffs increase US worker’s wages. Wtaf? (Not Walz not being given addl time, but HOW?)

Back