Political Discussion

The cheers is for the morphine drip not the torsion which just thought, make my stomach hurt.
When I had kidney stones in the 00’s, I blacked out in the ER. The docs said it took an extra two hours to diagnose me because EVERYONE says kidney stones are a 10 out of 10 and I was a 6. My tolerance for pain is metered by the torsion which I can still remember clearly some 36 years later.

I’m

That sounds awful even with a morphine drip.
After they put me under I didn’t feel any pain for about three days before it got sore. I was in crutches doing drivers ed. (Honestly, I didn’t feel any pain after the doc in the er sorted the boys out, if you know what I’m saying.). My daughters are a testament to my dad thinking quick, getting me to the ER, and the doc knowing what was up.

NC/TN - man…it’s getting worse here is east TN. I have never been in the aftermath of a natural disaster. I am in Knoxville and safe and sound - but being 30 miles from the shit storm…it’s beyond my mental capacity. @Nee Lewman you are in RTP correct? Or are you further West! Any other N&G brethren in this mess?!?!

I’m in Durham. I think @debianlinux and @nolalady should be good in Winston. @Yer Ol' Uncle D is in the Charlotte area and I believe he’s fine. I know we got a few out in Asheville. Uncle D, do you know who? They’re escaping me right now? Be great to get a check in from them.

My wife and I were supposed to be vacationing in Banner Elk week after next. We’ll contact the rental place next week to find out what the deal is. If we didn’t have the 3 year old, we would probably head up regardless to chip in on the ground.

The town we honeymooned in was wiped off the face of the earth. We both (and my eldest) went to App State so it’s kind of rough going for us honestly. We’re worried about folks we have up that way and our favorite spots. My favorite restaurant in the whole world was completely under water in photos I’ve seen.

It was cool to see so many Bandcamp things donating to the victims and recovery today. Sturgill is doing a show in Cary in a couple of weeks to benefit and lots of local venues are doing things to help the scene up there out.

It’s a mess.

Being so close to the epic loss here in Knoxville the stuff I am seeing on social media is horrific. I don’t think the average person understands how rural this area is. A holler is a long curvy road to nowhere. I am going to see where I can volunteer next week. I cannot fathom what the project managers of this situation have in front of them.

Being so close to the epic loss here in Knoxville the stuff I am seeing on social media is horrific. I don’t think the average person understands how rural this area is. A holler is a long curvy road to nowhere. I am going to see where I can volunteer next week. I cannot fathom what the project managers of this situation have in front of them.
It’s a nightmare. I mean the coast is used to this type of storm and they have a hard time recovering. Some of the roads… I think there are places that will never recover.

Back