Political Discussion

I got an “O” in religion while at Catholic school.

“O” was like an “A” (stood for Outstanding) for classes like Religion, PE, Penmanship, Art, Music, etc..

But yeah, they should never use government money to fund religious study in public schools.

There are plenty of private schools.
It’s not even about the money (although I think separation of church and state is important). I don’t need them teaching it as straight history or trying to teach my kid about its meaning. That’s for me (and my pastor/congregation).

I took a Comparative Civilizations class in grade 12 (basically an Advanced Placement Social Studies class) which included some study of Christianity, Islam and Buddhism but from a historical and contextual angle (basically, "these are these religion's basic key beliefs, where they historically gained traction, and when and where some of the more notable subgroups of them came into play), not a theological one. I'm in full support of religion being taught in public schools in that fashion, but theology and indoctrination can definitely stay away.

I took a Comparative Civilizations class in grade 12 (basically an Advanced Placement Social Studies class) which included some study of Christianity, Islam and Buddhism but from a historical and contextual angle (basically, "these are these religion's basic key beliefs, where they historically gained traction, and when and where some of the more notable subgroups of them came into play), not a theological one. I'm in full support of religion being taught in public schools in that fashion, but theology and indoctrination can definitely stay away.
I was taught that Jesus turned water into wine.

Back