Political Discussion

I like it, but I get your point. The precautions we seem to have to go to now a days to protect our "Free and Fair Elections"
I mean it’s better than the red state version like here in NC, we have to vote to change the state constitution to read that “only” citizens can vote instead of, you know, what it currently says about having to be a citizen. STUPID SHIT. How do I get to a different timeline?

I’ll be leaving it blank. Wish there was a write in so I could put “impeach the dumbasses that put this on the ballot.”

I'm still a bit stressed about this election. But, I also know that there are folks, entities working behind the scenes to counter the rights shenanigans because dumb ass has pretty much told everyone he doesn't care what the voters say, he's claiming victory and claiming "rigged" once again. I'm hopeful that the silent majority exists out there and have had enough of this crap and will show up to have their voices heard regardless of the intimidation tactics that are sure to be present.

I know they say it's a close race, but wouldn't it be wonderful if a clear overwhelming message was sent to the right that this will not be tolerated any longer with a decisive win.

I'm still a bit stressed about this election. But, I also know that there are folks, entities working behind the scenes to counter the rights shenanigans because dumb ass has pretty much told everyone he doesn't care what the voters say, he's claiming victory and claiming "rigged" once again. I'm hopeful that the silent majority exists out there and have had enough of this crap and will show up to have their voices heard regardless of the intimidation tactics that are sure to be present.

I know they say it's a close race, but wouldn't it be wonderful if a clear overwhelming message was sent to the right that this will not be tolerated any longer with a decisive win.
Sadly, I don't see anything decisive about this election. It's going to be close, very close. Too close for comfort.

No red states are going to flip, and it could go either way in swing states. People are too brainwashed into believing Dems mean doom and destruction and go against everything that makes this country great.

According to a court filing by the United States Department of Justice last night, it looks like they may be seeking to break up Google for being a monopoly separating the Search Business from the Android, Chrome and Play Store business.

If they do this, it's the first time in 40 years since they broke up AT&T into a bunch of Baby Bells.
Good.

Sadly, I don't see anything decisive about this election. It's going to be close, very close. Too close for comfort.

No red states are going to flip, and it could go either way in swing states. People are too brainwashed into believing Dems mean doom and destruction and go against everything that makes this country great.
North Carolina could flip. It will likely be just as close as Georgia.

I fluctuate between feeling super positive and fearing that the fuckstick is going to win. I haven't yet given up on twitter but realize how bad it has gotten and is a huge part of the reason for my lack of confidence.

WV is laying groundwork for not certifying results, if they believe there is any fraud in ANY state. WTF is that bs??? Harris isn't going to win WV, but this is a horrifying precedent.

1728484591879.png

Even though next to no fraud will ever be found and every claim debunked, they are for sure going to use this to not certifying election results based on unproven claims of fraud.

Essentially if Trump loses, Fraud! It was Fraud you here, Fraud!
Hopefully our institutions and system of checks and balances that were in place and withheld the attack of a sitting president in 2020 when they were caught off guard are now prepared for the threat and will have the backing of the federal government to protect this election from interference.

Last edited:
Hopefully our institutions and system of checks and balances that were in place and withheld the attack of a sitting president in 2020 when they were caught off guard are now prepared for the threat and will have the backing and have the backing of the federal government to protect this election from interference.

Refusing to certify an election is not legal​

State laws say that certification is a mandatory, ministerial duty, meaning that county election officials cannot refuse to sign the certification papers. It’s not an accident that certification is mandatory. It was codified into law in direct response to past partisan attempts to sabotage certification in order to change election outcomes — attempts which both lawmakers and the courts recognized as a threat to democracy.

What’s more, there are concrete tools in place to ensure that those who refuse to certify are held accountable, whether through civil or criminal consequences. In spite of these accountability measures, some local election officials have embraced conspiracy theories around recent elections and refused to certify results. In every such instance the election was ultimately certified, whether by court order requiring certification or administrators eventually opting to perform their legal duties.

Back