Political Discussion

That was a delightful read. Judge Bell, cheers to you! Lol

The best detail about it is that they were in a white castle parking lot. I mean of all the potential fast food restaurants one can choose to eat at / brawl... even if the fight and gun play didn't happen they should have been removed from the bench for choosing to ingest white castle.

Also you have to be pretty drunk and stupid to not be allowed to pay the cover charge to enter the red garter.... more like black and blue garter amirite?

judges.JPG

They should change the name to honor Judge Bell. Something like the Bellend Exotic Affair

The best detail about it is that they were in a white castle parking lot. I mean of all the potential fast food restaurants one can choose to eat at / brawl... even if the fight and gun play didn't happen they should have been removed from the bench for choosing to ingest white castle.

Also you have to be pretty drunk and stupid to not be allowed to pay the cover charge to enter the red garter.... more like black and blue garter amirite?

View attachment 22534

They should change the name to honor Judge Bell. Something like the Bellend Exotic Affair

I mean, the whole night is begging for a movie on Comedy Central or something. The details that are known are just too juicy. And the details that are not revealed are probably even more delightful. Amy Schumer should be cast as Judge Bell.

Honestly I was not paying too much attention during the Obama years, but he sold out.

YUP. His comments are a case study into when to use the phrase "Ok Boomer" (even when said person isn't a boomer). Dude doesn't seem to reason that he is a large part of THE reason that younger generations want to overhaul the system... because we saw him completely sell out to the 1% and corporate elite once he was in office.

Let me preface this by saying, this isn't about any of the posts above. I personally think Obama "sold-out" long before he was ever elected president and was confused why anybody thought that the system was going to be fundamentally changed when he was elected. His election was significant but what he has said is just a symptom of a larger issue.

Here's a few reasons why "OK Boomer" is dumb AF... "OK millennial" is dumb AF too:

1. It's hurting the movement.
People can blame "Boomers" all they want for being ignorant, which is often-times very real, but blaming people of a certain generation (and in some cases anyone who simply has a differing take) for the reality that is present-day America is incredibly short-sighted and playing right into the hands of the people that actually are at fault for everyone's financial and emotional desperation.

Any movement that is or at least wants to think of itself as revolutionary that isn't inclusive and takes a separatist approach is doomed to fail if dependent on votes and doomed to authoritarianism if dependent on weapons.

There are real reasons that people have fears about the installation of centrist-European ideas in America. The fears might be viewed as unfounded by those slinging dumb-labels about, but the fear is no less real, a name-calling is usually not a sound method for building the support necessary for the movement to be successful. Every youthful person thinks they are smarter than the people that came before them, and they thankfully are!, but to simply discredit the experience of the people that came before is irresponsible particularly when those folks make-up a significant portion of the population and are living longer and longer.

The people that are literally banking on the backs of the regular working people of America support the status-quo and the status-quo remains because we get caught-up bickering and blaming each other instead of setting our sights on the individuals and institutions that profit off of us. If the best argument we can make is "it's your fault my life sucks" to our fellow peons those who are blinded by what their text-books, media outlets, police leadership, and religion conditions them to believe will continue to be manipulated and we will all continue to lose.

We are getting caught-up in narratives about being "left" enough instead of focusing on the moves people are making while we're bickering.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying, this isn't about any of the posts above. I personally think Obama "sold-out" long before he was ever elected president and was confused why anybody thought that the system was going to be fundamentally changed when he was elected. His election was significant but what he has said is just a symptom of a larger issue.

Here's a few reasons why "OK Boomer" is dumb AF... "OK millennial" is dumb AF too:

1. It's hurting the movement.
People can blame "Boomers" all they want for being ignorant, which is often-times very real, but blaming people of a certain generation (and in some cases anyone who simply has a differing take) for the reality that is present-day America is incredibly short-sighted and playing right into the hands of the people that actually are at fault for everyone's financial and emotional desperation.

Any movement that is or at least wants to think of itself as revolutionary that isn't inclusive and takes a separatist approach is doomed to fail if dependent on votes and doomed to authoritarianism if dependent on weapons.

There are real reasons that people have fears about the installation of centrist-European ideas in America. The fears might be viewed as unfounded by those slinging dumb-labels about, but the fear is no less real, a name-calling is usually not a sound method for building the support necessary for the movement to be successful. Every youthful person thinks they are smarter than the people that came before them, and they thankfully are!, but too simply discredit the experience of the people that came before is irresponsible particularly when those folks make-up a significant portion of the population and are living longer and longer.

The people that are literally banking on the backs of the regular working people of America support the status-quo and the status-quo remains because we get caught-up bickering and blaming each other instead of setting our sights on the individuals and institutions that profit off of us. If the best argument we can make is "it's your fault my life sucks" to our fellow peons those who are blinded by what their text-books, media outlets, police leadership, and religion conditions them to believe will continue to be manipulated and we will all continue to lose.

We are getting caught-up in narratives about being "left" enough instead of focusing on the moves people are making while we're bickering.

Where is 2??

I'm just waiting for an OK Boomer to be lobbed at me. So I can respond that I'm a Gen Xer and you can thank my generation for grunge!!!! ;)

Where is 2??

I'm just waiting for an OK Boomer to be lobbed at me. So I can respond that I'm a Gen Xer and you can thank my generation for grunge!!!! ;)

lol - i meant to remove the 1. I numbered the paragraphs at first but then realized I was just saying the same thing over and over again.
Y - someone lobbed it at me yesterday, which is pretty funny because I'm almost certainly more politically, socially, and economically leftist than 90% of people.

Back