Political Discussion

Obviously, this is not going to happen, but what if, hypothetically, we all just decided not to participate? Like no one voted. What would happen?
There's two camps that will participate: MAGA and those who are afraid of what MAGA will do in a 2nd term. The middle ground may just stay home. So then it becomes a question of which side has more voters in the states that matter?

There's two camps that will participate: MAGA and those who are afraid of what MAGA will do in a 2nd term. The middle ground may just stay home. So then it becomes a question of which side has more voters in the states that matter?
I mean I know what is going to happen. I’m saying no one shows up like the ENTIRE country says fuck you mofos.

Obviously, this is not going to happen, but what if, hypothetically, we all just decided not to participate? Like no one voted. What would happen?
I assume the presidential order of succession kicks in, but not sure at which position, assuming all of the Cabinets Secretaries would be at the end of their term. So maybe someone in the military?

The electoral college would still vote. Though at that point I don’t think they would be beholden to their states election results.
There are no results for them to be beheld to.

If that’s the case it further makes me want to do away with that system anyhow. Like their whole purpose was sort of to keep someone like Trump out anyhow.

We’ve broken the system completely. We need a new one.

I assume the presidential order of succession kicks in, but not sure at which position, assuming all of the Cabinets Secretaries would be at the end of their term. So maybe someone in the military?
Actually it would be President pro tempore of the senate, who is currently Patty Murray. And I’m pretty sure her term isn’t up!

Actually it would be President pro tempore of the senate, who is currently Patty Murray. And I’m pretty sure her term isn’t up!
That position only comes after the Speaker of the House. Remember the West Wing episode where Bartlett has to step down and the VP post was vacant. The Republican Speaker of the House was sworn in and then relinquished the position when Bartlett was able to return.

That position only comes after the Speaker of the House. Remember the West Wing episode where Bartlett has to step down and the VP post was vacant. The Republican Speaker of the House was sworn in and then relinquished the position when Bartlett was able to return.

That shit would never happen now.

That shit would never happen now.
Correct. The Republican Party became fundamentally broken under Obama. Blocking his Supreme Court pick was the final straw. If Trump is dispatched this fall, I wonder how long it will take for the Republican Party to dig out from the huge grave they dug for themselves? MAGA dies with Trump and there is no one that will be able to take the baton.

Correct. The Republican Party became fundamentally broken under Obama. Blocking his Supreme Court pick was the final straw. If Trump is dispatched this fall, I wonder how long it will take for the Republican Party to dig out from the huge grave they dug for themselves? MAGA dies with Trump and there is no one that will be able to take the baton.
Oh there are plenty of stooges waiting in the wings for when Trump eats it. If there's one thing the Republicans are brilliant at that the Democrats have never learned, it's how to be an opposition party. They're overflowing with nationally known candidates waiting in the wings for the God emperor to die believing that they could be the Kwisatz Haderach. The Bene Gesserit have made sure of it. Wait, what are we taking about?

Actually, regardless of whether Trump or Biden wins (I still assume rationality in a slight majority, so Biden) real change will only come if Democrats control the Senate and House.

If they do, them we will see the impeachment of Clarence Thomas, possibly Sam The Flag Alito, and the elimination of corruption on the Supreme Court.

If Trump wins, whatever happens, happens. The United States can only blame itself.

If Trump is in the White House, it would be truly precedent setting. His VP could take over the First Lady office space right in the West Wing. Everyone knows that Trump and Melania aren't together anymore. She gets more $$ if she continues the marriage facade, but that's all it is.

Back