Political Discussion

I'll say this: I am a far-leftist who is begrudgingly registered as a Democrat because that's the only way to make my vote matter in this country. I voted Uncommitted in the primary. I was going to force myself to vote for Biden in November, fully expecting the worst to happen. Now, I am fully on the Kamala coconut train. I donated $100 to her campaign last night (by far the most I've ever donated to a politician). As a young person, this is the first time I've ever felt hopeful for the future of this country. I despised Clinton, and Biden was probably in the bottom 20% of the many 2020 primary candidates. Kamala Harris certainly isn't my favorite Democrat, but by god, I will do whatever I can to help her win.

As a 37 year old far leftist (by this country's standards) who supoorted Bernie x2 with hundreds of hours of my time (cut my teeth with Obama 08) and wanted Biden the least of all the 2020 nominees--

Biden was the best president since the 1960s (and its not close imo) when it came to domestic issues.

He invested heavily into bringing Steel production back into the US, invested in micro chip production, made 2 huge investments into supporting smaller farmers, took marijuana off the schedule 1 list, has done everything he can to help fix the student loan situation (fuck the courts), put an anti-monopoly crusader in charge of the FTC that has Apple so spooked that wouldn't let John Stewart interview her (google Lina Khan / Daily Show if you're unfamilar with her), landed us through inflation without causing a full blown recession, and got a huge infrastructure bill passed that invested heavily in clean energy. That's just off the top of my head.

He had no business running a 2nd time, something I was arguing last fall and the genocide in Isreal is hard to swallow. But part of why the media was going so hard after him is because he had Sanders helping to design the campaign's economic plan (that he was unfortunately incapable of communicating). It included raising taxes on billionaires.

I lived in California for 15 year and watched Kamala's rise up close as a very involved activist. She never once finished the role she had signed up for before chasing something bigger, she did some extremely iffy things while DA and I'm worried about her willingness to regulate tech. Already that stock bro on CNBC is saying Kamala will fire Lina Kahn if elected (which would insense me). Basically, she's always been hard pin down ideologically and has always had the backing of the establishment which makes me distrust her.

And based on the fact that Bernie has yet to endorse and is instead expressing supoort while hitting the campaign traile for "progressive values", I think it's safe to say the billionaire tax may now be in limbo.

HOWEVER, Kamala is also a fierce debater who can actually communicate the vision, the administrations acomplishments and everything related to Project 2025 and Trump's lies. So I'll be going up to WI to campaign for her in early November and get college kids to actually turn out. Because the reality is that she was a part of an administration that did a lot of good things that our broken media refused to report on. So I'm hopeful she will be an extension of that (while being a badly needed voice for women at a time that their rights are under attack) instead of the best friend to lobbyists that Obama was.

Plus, Trump HAS to be defeated and she actually has a chance being that her brain isn't rapidly turning to mush.

Last edited:

Lmao, Tennessee politicians are such fucking clowns.

05onfire1_xp-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg

05onfire1_xp-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg
I heard about this on a clip on CNN. They were interviewing Pete Buttigieg about J.D. Vance.

Pete Buttigieg said something about how the republican parties official stance is still global warming is a hoax.

I heard about this on a clip on CNN. They were interviewing Pete Buttigieg about J.D. Vance.

Pete Buttigieg said something about how the republican parties official stance is still global warming is a hoax.
I mean a lot of their platform is built on undoing the “new green scam.” Ramping up fossil fuel production in this country and undoing the guidelines set over the last few years to lessen our footprint. They actually advocate against wind and solar power. Batteries are a Chinese thing… on and on… etc. etc.

It’s ludicrous to me that science has somehow become a political issue.

My wife and I talked about this before. In the 1970s and 80s, scientists saw the ozone layer was being depleted and it would lead to horrible consequences. One of the causes was CFC gases being released through consumer products. So everyone got together and banned CFCs. If that same scenario was found to occur today, CFC gases would be championed by the Right. Don't take my hair spray products away. Don't switch the mechanisms on my spray paint cans. It's all a hoax!

I mean a lot of their platform is built on undoing the “new green scam.” Ramping up fossil fuel production in this country and undoing the guidelines set over the last few years to lessen our footprint. They actually advocate against wind and solar power. Batteries are a Chinese thing… on and on… etc. etc.
I've tried to seriously consider how much money it would take from the fossil fuel industry for me to sell out our planet, people, and deny climate change. But I just don't think I could live with myself even if they made me a billionaire. I'm sure I could try to justify it by using the money to fund climate change work, but it's not like it would ever be that much money. The amount these tools sell out for is what really makes them dicks.

My wife and I talked about this before. In the 1970s and 80s, scientists saw the ozone layer was being depleted and it would lead to horrible consequences. One of the causes was CFC gases being released through consumer products. So everyone got together and banned CFCs. If that same scenario was found to occur today, CFC gases would be championed by the Right. Don't take my hair spray products away. Don't switch the mechanisms on my spray paint cans. It's all a hoax!
Leaded gasoline too. Makes your head explode to think how anti-science they've become.

Leaded gasoline too. Makes your head explode to think how anticipated anti-science they've become.
Speaking of Leaded gasoline. My step father buys the stuff in 55 gallon drums. It's the only type of gasoline his 1928 through 1940's John Deere tractors can run on. Gas that you buy at the pump today would ruin the engines.

To buy leaded gasoline, he has to by aviation grade gas at the airport. With that said, pretty much all personal aircraft still fly using leaded gasoline.

Back