Pop, Pop, Pop Culture - The SDCC August Spin Challenge!

Day 21: Music plays a big part of Stephen Kings books and movies. Play something you can tie to a King novel/book, or something from the 50s/60s.

A song written for the movie. I saw The Ramones in the tiny Pterodactyl Club (300 capacity) in Charlotte, NC earlier in the year and Joey sports a tee from the joint in the official video...

Ramones - The Sire Albums 1091-1989 Brain Drain

IMG_6263.jpeg

Day 21: Music plays a big part of Stephen Kings books and movies. Play something you can tie to a King novel/book, or something from the 50s/60s.
1000011103.jpg
Public Enemy "Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age"

For those that don't know, Stephen King wrote on/was involved in a TV series called Kingdom Hospital and in that series the song Na Na Hey Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by the band Steam was used, just like it was used in the Public Enemy song, checks notes, Hitler Day off the totally not forgettable album posted above! If I actually get that far into this record it will be quite a surprise! This is that album by an artist you love that you tried to talk yourself into believing they still had it but the magic was gone!

Day 22: You can always run across a unexpected but perfect moment at the Con. Like Matt Groening being surrounded by a gaggle of Marges. I think its pretty well established that Homer loves his classic rock, but what does Marge listen to? Play something that you think Marge (or any other random Simpson character besides Homer) would like
1000011096.jpg
Gravediggaz "6 Feet Deep"
I think Marge Simpson is into some shit! Wu Tang is for the children but the Gravediggaz are for stay at home moms! On a side note I really hate the mirror effect on this cover!

Day 22: You can always run across a unexpected but perfect moment at the Con. Like Matt Groening being surrounded by a gaggle of Marges. I think its pretty well established that Homer loves his classic rock, but what does Marge listen to? Play something that you think Marge (or any other random Simpson character besides Homer) would like.

I'm gonna go totally opposite of @4080 and deep into the goodwill curated section of my collection.

Given Marge's take on "I Shot The Sheriff" I think she'd be a big Neil Diamond fan, and I can totally see her grooving to this very Neil and very 70's take on "Dancing in the Street".

Neil Diamond ~ September Morn

IMG_0433.jpeg

Day 23: Play something that that references the Police. Or pretend bonus points if you can play something that references shorts
1000011116.jpg
KRS One "Return of the Boom Bap"
Features Sound of da Police which isn't a tribute to Sting like I though it was when initially copping this record! Also includes the song Black Cop which is self explanatory. As far as I remember no shorts talk but it has been a while!

Day 23: Play something that that references the Police. Or pretend bonus points if you can play something that references shorts

Gonna give myself some bonus points:

Talkin’ that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone’s tapped anyway
Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the D.A

Ah get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance

Bob Dylan ~ Bringing It All Back Home

IMG_0439.jpeg

Day 17: Play something that wouldn't feel out of place at a Doctors office.

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - The Way It Is
IMG_8730.jpeg

I feel like “Mandolin Rain” has been comforting anxious waiting rooms with it’s pleasant and inoffensive brand of smooth adult contemporary rock music since it’s initial release almost 40 years ago.

Back