Pop, Pop, Pop Culture - The SDCC August Spin Challenge!

Day 10: Play something appropriate for the apocalypse, or that you’d be willing to throw at a Zombie, Shaun of the Dead style.
1000010872.jpg
Danny Brown "Atrocity Exhibition"

Not throwing this one, and for the the record I also like Second Coming! If the zombies are coming might as well get a like weird with it, has a nice futuristic feel with enough doom and gloom to keep you on your toes!

Day 09:

Play a collaboration, the more unexpected the better.

Broken Bells ~ Broken Bells
I almost didn't have anything for this prompt, and I was super busy yesterday. I then remembered I had this!
This is a collaboration between James Mercer of The Shins and Danger Mouse. I heard the High Road as a free track at Starbucks back when they gave physical cards for songs.

1723303154993.png

Day 10: Play something appropriate for the apocalypse, or that you’d be willing to throw at a Zombie, Shaun of the Dead style.

I'll pick this in case I need to have a dance off with a zombie while there are alt rock bands playing 50's and 60's hits.

Various Artists ~ Stubbs The Zombie Soundtrack

IMG_0211.jpeg

Day 7:
Play something based on a folk tale or fairy tale.

I really could only think of "3 Little Pigs"

Green Jellÿ – Cereal Killer Soundtrack
Zoo Entertainment – 72445-11038-4, 1993

later reissue with "Jelly" in the name.

DVPUGex.jpg

Day 9: Play a collaboration, the more unexpected the better.

The Dead Tongues - Body of Light & I Am A Cloud

I had some unexpected collaborations lined up for this prompt, but I've been waiting for this for months and it landed yesterday, so my excitement to play it wins out. Thanks again for tagging me on this when it was announced, @MyWifeHatesTrain. So far side one sounds fantastic!

IMG20240811110309.jpg
IMG_20240811_110150.jpg

Day 9: Play a collaboration, the more unexpected the better.

The Dead Tongues - Body of Light & I Am A Cloud

I had some unexpected collaborations lined up for this prompt, but I've been waiting for this for months and it landed yesterday, so my excitement to play it wins out. Thanks again for tagging me on this when it was announced, @MyWifeHatesTrain. So far side one sounds fantastic!

View attachment 210964
View attachment 210965
My eldest saw Dead Tongues open up for Watchhouse Thursday night.

Day 11: Play something that leaves you emotionally spent.

I was fortunate enough to see Jonsi when he toured for this album. The closing track on the tour - Grow Till Tall - still remains with me as one of the most emotional, visual, cathartic and just fucking loud performances I've seen.

Jonsi ~ Go

IMG_0221.jpeg

Day 8:
Play a soundtrack

I got plenty in my need-to-play stack...but we'll go with the composer that was mentioned in the theme of the day, as I do think they do great work.

Michael Giacchino – La Sociedad De La Nieve (Banda Sonora De La Película Original De Netflix)
Mutant – MBM001, 2024

Mutant webstore exclusive Spanish language edition

Pressed at GZ

oFS1V7a.jpg

Pd8OfbB.jpg

I haven't seen the movie yet (dropped Netflix a while ago), but I'm sure it's better than "Alive" that was a bit too American for the story it was telling.

Life'll Kill Yah ~ Warren Zevon

I was torn between this and The Wind. I feel like this is more fitting. Not too long after Zevon found out he was dying so I feel like the vibes of almost knowing its your time really fits. Especially if you got bit and know it's a matter of when you gotta die or become a zombie.

1723415102834.jpeg

Back