Restocks/Represses

I loved it so much I purchased this…
View attachment 140190
$42 for a CD box set as a Freshman was probably the most money I ever paid music at that point, especially, considering how rarely I played it.
I listened to that boxset obsessively when it came out.

I'm probably in the minority that's MCIS > SD. I kind of hated SP around SD, hated BWBW as well. When I got my first tattoo, someone put on MCIS. I heard the piano intro, they skipped tonight, tonight, and Jellybelly played. I was like "what in the world is this?" Then I heard Billy's voice, and was like "whoa, this is the Pumpkins?" That song piqued my interest, but I still didn't get into them until I skimmed through the tracks at a Blockbuster Music listening station (it was the 90s...)

When I got to the song "Beautiful," I was sold. I was a total sucker back then for music that was vaguely "Beatle-esque."

Listening to the four disc set (thanks Wooden Tooth records in Tucson!) I was kind of amazed how abrasive most of the guitar-forward songs are. I always loved the naked ambition/maddening variey of MCIS over SD, which is a song cycle that, to my ears, kind of all blends together.

Anyways, even though I'm in the MCIS camp, my copy of SD will probably get played more, mainly because it's a more pleasant listen, and my wife like's that one more. Now I need to find Adore.

Good news/bad news dept. Several colored represses available, but all are $50 for a 2 LP set.

Lingua Ignota - Caligula​

Not a fan of their disclaimer, either.

Disclaimer: Hello Merch is not responsible for any items lost, stolen or damaged during domestic transit. However, If your package is returned to us for any reason, we will notify you by email immediately. If you do not respond within 5 business days, we will return the item(s) into our stock and refund you the amount of the order, less the shipping, and a 5% re-stocking fee.

Back