Sutherland Club House

They used to but don’t think they do anymore. I wanna say someone here had one for sale? Maybe @Angsty ? But it may be long gone
Sounds like something I might be able to find one day if I keep my eyes peeled. Really not important or worth the money, but would be nice to have it match. The sound and the price made it worth not even considering looks. The previous owner was 81 and passed away, so his son was selling his gear. It looks brand new, so he clearly took good care of it. His son said all he did his last few years was play with his system and he loved it. So it makes me feel good to add a piece with that lineage. Can't wait to spend some serious time with it next week!

A minor embarrassment that I had and almost was really sad about was that the left channel didn't work at first. Turned out that the power cord had come loose. So I pushed it back in and ... Still nothing. Opened it again and everything looked good so I googled it and reading the manual I really appreciated that it said a ton of customers called them saying that the left channel didn't work... Because we're dumb and didn't read the labels closely on the back. So I hanged my head in shame moved the cables to the right plugs and the left channel sprang to life.

A minor embarrassment that I had and almost was really sad about was that the left channel didn't work at first. Turned out that the power cord had come loose. So I pushed it back in and ... Still nothing. Opened it again and everything looked good so I googled it and reading the manual I really appreciated that it said a ton of customers called them saying that the left channel didn't work... Because we're dumb and didn't read the labels closely on the back. So I hanged my head in shame moved the cables to the right plugs and the left channel sprang to life.
I did the exact same thing. I think on the mk2 version, they used the "logical" rca groupings. Congrats on the new phono stage!

Last edited:
I know this has been covered on the forum before, but what is everyone's preference between upping the gain on their preamp vs. turning the volume up and using the amp to do the work? I feel like I get better sound when I put the work more on the phono stage over the amp, but that could just be because of the amp I'm using. Either way, as I fiddle with different settings on the Sutherland I'm curious what others are doing.

For example, with how great the SUT is that I just bought, I'm keeping the Sutherland set for an MM cart so that I can swap tables without changing the jumpers. And honestly it sounds significantly better to me through the SUT than just set for an MC cart.

Back