The Blue Note Thread

Just got to listening to the Rajah TP. I've never heard this before & was a bit skeptical as I had heard some people saying it wasn't great. Well, for me it's sublime. Love it.

(Lee Morgan has never let me down).
I personally love the Rajah. Think it’s much more mellow than what Ive come to expect from Lee Morgan which certainly contributes to its uniqueness. I’m excited to pick it up

Just a heads up that Deep Discount cancelled my order for Face To Face, so I learned the hard way even though i knew it was taking a chance. Anyone know a dealer who does mail order, would appreciate the biz, and might have one ? You can pm me please.

Just a heads up that Deep Discount cancelled my order for Face To Face, so I learned the hard way even though i knew it was taking a chance. Anyone know a dealer who does mail order, would appreciate the biz, and might have one ? You can pm me please.
Blue Note has it, and it's 20% off when added to your cart:

Blue Note has it, and it's 20% off when added to your cart:

tx for rubbing it in. :LOL: OK got it now. The way I should of ordered it in the first place.

Last edited:
For those of you in the US, that Lee Morgan lighthouse box set appears to be included in this week’s Target sale...

Comes out to around 190 shipped, down from $289 if you do the cancellation trick

Does Target list/allow preorder on these sales ?
Yes they allow preorders in the sale. And if you can’t find 3 similarly priced items just add any old record that’s the same price and immediately cancel that one album after you place your order

If you can't find 3 similarly priced items, you could buy 3 copies of the Lee Morgan box & ship the 2 spare over to some of us international customers :)
I can’t imagine how much it would cost to ship a 10LP box to the UK. I would if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! Also there’s a loophole in the sale where you can order 3 items cancel two and still get the sale price 😎

I can’t imagine how much it would cost to ship a 10LP box to the UK. I would if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! Also there’s a loophole in the sale where you can order 3 items cancel two and still get the sale price 😎

I know :cool:

edit - I'm really looking forward to this one, but am getting a bit nervous as to what it might cost.

Glad it worked for ya! I ordered a bunch of things this morning and was hoping the cancellation trick still worked and it does!
How does it work? I add 3 box sets to the basket then remove 2? I tried that but it removed the discount?

Edit: @Andy im also going to see how much it would be to the UK. With the discount it might still be worth it

How does it work? I add 3 box sets to the basket then remove 2? I tried that but it removed the discount?

Edit: @Andy im also going to see how much it would be to the UK. With the discount it might still be worth it
You have to actually order all 3. Then you go into your orders and cancel what you don’t want. I didn’t think they shipped to the UK but maybe you have a workaround?

keep in mind: you will get a hold placed on your CC for the amount. And it will renew every 30 days until the preorder ships so make sure you use a credit card that doesn’t expire soon or your order will get cancelled

Back