The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Welp, Rodger’s still owns us but The Bears were competitive. Gonna be a year of of lotta moral victories as opposed to actual victories.
The only thing I feel bad about for Bears fans is having to hear Collinsworth on his knees for Rodgers all game. It seemed extra disgusting for even him tonight. I also feel like if the Bears just gave it to Montgomery every play, and the Packers to Jones, the score would have been 100-100. Neither of them could be stopped.

The only thing I feel bad about for Bears fans is having to hear Collinsworth on his knees for Rodgers all game. It seemed extra disgusting for even him tonight. I also feel like if the Bears just gave it to Montgomery every play, and the Packers to Jones, the score would have been 100-100. Neither of them could be stopped.
Feels like we're in an interesting time in the league right now where the scale might be starting to shift on the run vs pass ratio and more balanced attacks may start to look more efficient. With defenses doing 2-high looks, lighter boxes, and playing coverage linebackers starting to become the norm, running the ball may lead to more explosive plays.

No idea why on that 4th and goal at the end they had Fields try to run it in when Montgomery was the one who got them down there in the first place.

No idea why on that 4th and goal at the end they had Fields try to run it in when Montgomery was the one who got them down there in the first place.
I understand the play call but not from that down and distance You add an extra blocker with the rb while running the qb on that play, but that seems like a call for 4th and a full 1, not 4th and inches. Just run the sneak under center from there.

I understand the play call but not from that down and distance You add an extra blocker with the rb while running the qb on that play, but that seems like a call for 4th and a full 1, not 4th and inches. Just run the sneak under center from there.
Yeah no need for shotgun there. Fields is a big strong dude they shoulda went with the ol' TB12 special.

Back