The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Unbelievably good start from the Amazon Prime broadcast. Fuck bezos and fuck gambling being integrated into every aspect of watching sports but those both seem unavoidable at this point.

Pre game show was very entertaining and insightful with tv ready former players and a great host that moves things along. Michaels is well past his prime but still a top play by play guy. I'm usually not the biggest fan of Herbstreit's takes but he at least has a POV and is succinct and clear explaining basic Xs&Os in his color. Amazon being able to pick and choose the Thursday Night game before the season should make it must watch TV most weeks. The next gen stat broadcast with the All 22 footage and players paths mapped in real time is especially impressive. My only real complaint is that the cameras seemed a little too tight on the standard broadcast?

And props to Mahomes and the chiefs PR team for his pre game interview. If you're a basketball fan you know how many athletes can start talking silly when sat down 1 on 1 with Taylor Rooks :LOL:

Last edited:
Unbelievably good start from the Amazon Prime broadcast. Fuck bezos and fuck gambling being integrated into every aspect of watching sports but those both seem unavoidable at this point.

Pre game show was very entertaining and insightful with tv ready former players and a great host that moves things along. Michaels is well past his prime but still a top play by play guy. I'm usually not the biggest fan of Herbstreit's takes but he at least has a POV and is succinct and clear explaining basic Xs&Os in his color. Amazon being able to pick and choose the Thursday Night game before the season should make it must watch TV most weeks. The next gen stat broadcast with the All 22 footage and players paths mapped in real time is especially impressive. My only real complaint is that the cameras seemed a little too tight on the standard broadcast?

And props to Mahomes and the chiefs PR team for his pre game interview. If you're a basketball fan you know how many athletes can start talking silly when sat down 1 on 1 with Taylor Rooks :LOL:
I agree. It isn’t quite to the level of Sunday Night Football but it’s close which is impressive given that this is the first time they’ve ever produced something like this. ESPN getting a competent booth in Buck and Aikman for Monday Night Football is a big improvement but the pregame is pretty bad and the production feels dated like it’s 2008 instead of 2022. Thankfully, the Manningcast makes those games much more watchable.

I drafted Lance as my qb2 in my superflex league and grabbed Jimmy G and the final round as an insurance policy with my last pick. I almost started him today because when I was putting together a fantasy team on Yahoo Jimmy G was only a dollar less than Lance. I knew something was afoot
And this is why the Niners re-signed him this year. It was never about him starting if Lance struggled, it was always as an insurance policy.

Now the Niners have a proven winner for this season and Jimmy G has a chance to make himself a lot of money next year in free agency. Win/win.

Back