The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

My immediate reaction was to cringe because I thought his fingers were broken. It didn't look like a super violent hit, but must've been just right. Dolphins are liable for everything. Tua shouldn't have been on the field tonight in the first place.
I think tonight’s hit was compounded by last week’s. The injury was still there, it just took a smaller hit to make it that much worse. Man I hope he’s ok

Absolutely pathetic coverage of the Tua injury. Michaels and Herbstreet sounding like complete idiots pushing the “back” injury from last week as Tua laid on the turf with obvious concussion symptoms. Avoiding using the word concussion as much as possible. Not even mentioning the controversy of the also obvious concussion last week and questions about the adherence to the protocols that resulted from it until well into the 4th quarter.

Even the halftime guys were pathetic pushing what a “warrior” Tua was for gutting it out to play this week, without so much as a mention of how everyone failed to protect him. Fitzpatrick and Sherman are outspoken and “out there” personalities but exposed themselves as just for show by toeing the company line when it comes down to it.

Absolutely pathetic coverage of the Tua injury. Michaels and Herbstreet sounding like complete idiots pushing the “back” injury from last week as Tua laid on the turf with obvious concussion symptoms. Avoiding using the word concussion as much as possible. Not even mentioning the controversy of the also obvious concussion last week and questions about the adherence to the protocols that resulted from it until well into the 4th quarter.

Even the halftime guys were pathetic pushing what a “warrior” Tua was for gutting it out to play this week, without so much as a mention of how everyone failed to protect him. Fitzpatrick and Sherman are outspoken and “out there” personalities but exposed themselves as just for show by toeing the company line when it comes down to it.

Richard Sherman on Thursday Night Football

The NFL preaches player safety," he wrote. "The league says it wants to do everything in its power to protect its players. But when it comes down to it, it’s not the players that the NFL protects.

"It’s the Shield."

Well, hope he’s enjoying that money now.

What a sham.

The post game I think the only one that came off as a company man was Gonzalez. Sherm and Fitz came out hard against the league. Fitz almost cried during the halftime show so my guess is it took em a moment to get his head on straight. I feel like Amazon’s team came out harder than ESPN or Fox would have (I know that isn’t saying much, but still).

The post game was better. They led off with Michael Smith reporting the NFLPA’s statement and investigation. I don’t recall Fitz & Sherm coming out hard against the league. Maybe in comparison to Tony, yeah, but I don’t think they made any definitive statements criticizing the handling of Tua’s injury in the Bill’s game and clearance for this game.

And regarding Tony, what a disappointment. He was my 2nd favorite player growing up (I’m a Chiefs fan), but everything he’s done and said since leaving the Chiefs has pretty much eroded away any good memories of him.

The post game I think the only one that came off as a company man was Gonzalez. Sherm and Fitz came out hard against the league. Fitz almost cried during the halftime show so my guess is it took em a moment to get his head on straight. I feel like Amazon’s team came out harder than ESPN or Fox would have (I know that isn’t saying much, but still).
Yeah, the post game was a different tune from the broadcast or halftime.

I don't know if it just me, because I enjoy Herbstreit when paired with Chris Fowler, but I don't get anything from his calls with Al Michaels. There's no chemistry whatsoever and their weird "inside" joke mentality when they mention anything gambling related reminds me of teenagers making double entrende jokes. It's just odd to me.

I just can't after two out of three weeks of blown leads for the Ravens. When this team is firing on all cylinders, they're the best in the NFL, yet they are 2-2 and prone to make completely boneheaded decisions, both from the players and coach.
Join us Vikings!! We're actually hanging on to games we're supposed to blow!

Back