The National

So I watched last week's livestream of their Pitchfork set and it just really felt so...comforting. Despite the weak criticisms online that I saw (that Matt sounded bad or robotic), I thought they sounded great. While he wasn't exactly high energy, I thought he did what he usually does, while the band themselves sounded really, really great. It just felt so nice. Also I loooove the new songs. I see a lot of people loving Tropic Morning News, but it's Ice Machines for me. Right now I have a full download of the video of the show and I want to try to convert it to audio and then break up the tracks, but I don't know how. Anyway, looking forward to seeing them in a little over a month now!

Also I can share the full video link if anyone wants it.

So I watched last week's livestream of their Pitchfork set and it just really felt so...comforting. Despite the weak criticisms online that I saw (that Matt sounded bad or robotic), I thought they sounded great. While he wasn't exactly high energy, I thought he did what he usually does, while the band themselves sounded really, really great. It just felt so nice. Also I loooove the new songs. I see a lot of people loving Tropic Morning News, but it's Ice Machines for me. Right now I have a full download of the video of the show and I want to try to convert it to audio and then break up the tracks, but I don't know how. Anyway, looking forward to seeing them in a little over a month now!

Also I can share the full video link if anyone wants it.
I was there! Matt was def on the lower end with his vocals, but it was still a really great time. Hit after hit setlist, I was buggin every time a song started.

Trying again, my pix uploaded sideways...
I went to Portland, we had tix for Cooperstown, but no dog sitter. Husband said just go. My daughter and her bf were at Shelburne and Portland, so it was nice to be on the rail with her again. It almost felt like life is getting back to normal....
1658607790878.jpeg

1658607827529.jpeg

1658607863488.jpeg

1658607902249.jpeg

1658607946607.jpeg

Trying again, my pix uploaded sideways...
I went to Portland, we had tix for Cooperstown, but no dog sitter. Husband said just go. My daughter and her bf were at Shelburne and Portland, so it was nice to be on the rail with her again. It almost felt like life is getting back to normal....
View attachment 146739

View attachment 146740

View attachment 146741

View attachment 146742

View attachment 146743
What a great set list. Personally, I liked but didn't love I Am Easy to Find so love this set list.

What a great set list. Personally, I liked but didn't love I Am Easy to Find so love this set list.
I was happy to get Light Years and Rylan. I do like a lot of IAETF, but I expect the new album will be very different. The new songs sound great live.

I first saw Rylan in 2011at The Beacon Theatre in NYC before it was an official song. We saw Light Years debuted (with that title) at Homecoming 2018.

I will say, it was great to see them again. We have a crazy September with a bunch of Pearl Jam and The National shows, along with Sea Hear Now 2 day fest and Father John... I was afraid there is no way I can see 12 shows (so far) in the span of 3 weeks, in Canada, NYC, Philly, NJ, Asbury Park, Pittsburgh, Port Chester, NY, Harrisburg, PA and possibly Bridgeport, CT... but, when I was in Portland on the rail again, I felt rejuvenated. Screw health issues, I can do this!

I was happy to get Light Years and Rylan. I do like a lot of IAETF, but I expect the new album will be very different. The new songs sound great live.

I first saw Rylan in 2011at The Beacon Theatre in NYC before it was an official song. We saw Light Years debuted (with that title) at Homecoming 2018.

I will say, it was great to see them again. We have a crazy September with a bunch of Pearl Jam and The National shows, along with Sea Hear Now 2 day fest and Father John... I was afraid there is no way I can see 12 shows (so far) in the span of 3 weeks, in Canada, NYC, Philly, NJ, Asbury Park, Pittsburgh, Port Chester, NY, Harrisburg, PA and possibly Bridgeport, CT... but, when I was in Portland on the rail again, I felt rejuvenated. Screw health issues, I can do this!
Those are probably my two favorites from IAETF. And I also loved Rylan before it was on an album! Bummed there's no Bay Area dates yet, hopefully soon.

Maybe my friend was on to something??? Can't rule it out 100%, Cap Theatre show is in 5 1/2 weeks...
I think it might be something special. Maybe they'll play the whole album in full. I'm still betting on a late year album release, like November or December.

But I think Weird Goodbyes (which I have already heard in live recordings - it's great) will be out this week, or at the latest early next week. I'm really crossing my fingers for the album announcement at the same time as the single.

Back