The National

"The guitarist also teased that the new material might not necessarily take the form of an album, and that he couldn’t say when more new music might be released.

“I don’t know exactly what shape it will take, because it’s more than a record, but it’s getting close,” he said. “New music will be imminent, but I can’t say when. We have more songs that we need, which is a good thing.”"

what does this even mean? They have over an album of material and don't know how to make it into an album? Just do a double album! Also a bit bummed to read that as it was feeling like an album was surely on the way very soon. Now it sounds like EPs or something.

new clip of the bonny bear song was emailed out to cherry tree members. can't be embedded it seems!

As you know, we've been playing some new songs that are part of a new album we are close to finishing and very excited about. One of those tracks is our new single. “Weird Goodbyes" featuring Bon Iver will be released worldwide at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm UK on Monday, August 22.

new clip of the bonny bear song was emailed out to cherry tree members. can't be embedded it seems!

As you know, we've been playing some new songs that are part of a new album we are close to finishing and very excited about. One of those tracks is our new single. “Weird Goodbyes" featuring Bon Iver will be released worldwide at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm UK on Monday, August 22.

At first I thought it was the full single for just us cherry tree members, but it’s just a 19 second preview.

First impression of those 19 seconds:

Too much Justin Vernon up front, not enough Matt.
Completely agree. I've seen video of its performance in Cooperstown - I like the song - but just not thrilled with what I've heard in those 19 seconds.

On a tangential note - I did NOT receive the email from CT with the clip. I've emailed them to ensure that I'm on that specific distribution list since I haven't received multiple emails sent over the past year.

Completely agree. I've seen video of its performance in Cooperstown - I like the song - but just not thrilled with what I've heard in those 19 seconds.

On a tangential note - I did NOT receive the email from CT with the clip. I've emailed them to ensure that I'm on that specific distribution list since I haven't received multiple emails sent over the past year.

I didn't get the email until around 7:30pm PST last night, and it went to my spam. Just an FYI...

this sounds a lot better than that preview. musically it's /okay/ probably most like SWB. I think Vernon's voice, from that 19 second sample made it seem too muddled and busy. Hopefully it's not like that in the whole studio version of the song. I still really don't care for the drums/drum beat in the song at all.

Back