The National

Long shot, but figured I'd start here: Anyone have interest in two tickets to the 9/22 show in Boston?

Unfortunately life's getting in the way of seeing the national for the second consecutive time through town.

Long shot, but figured I'd start here: Anyone have interest in two tickets to the 9/22 show in Boston?

Unfortunately life's getting in the way of seeing the national for the second consecutive time through town.
My daughter's in Boston. I can check with her. Ballpark cost?

Reactions: mgp
My daughter's in Boston. I can check with her. Ballpark cost?
$50/a piece? They're GA Tickets (it's a new venue, which may be 100% GA, but I'm not positive as I haven't been yet).

They were around $70/per with the fees, but I'd rather just make back most of my money and get them to someone who's going to enjoy the show.

$50/a piece? They're GA Tickets (it's a new venue, which may be 100% GA, but I'm not positive as I haven't been yet).

They were around $70/per with the fees, but I'd rather just make back most of my money and get them to someone who's going to enjoy the show.
Okay I'll get in touch with her and let you know. Thanks!

EDIT: She's at work so might take a bit to hear back.

Last edited:
  • Cheers

Okay she's in for it. I'll message you.

• Cheers
Incredible show last night at Moon River. When I bought my pass I was basically buying it for The National and I'm so happy I did. Because even though it's a festival set, meaning shorter, being able to see them where I grew up - where i live now - in this beautiful park that I've spent so many years in was just so meaningful. The band also just kiiiillled it. I think Matt sounded pretty great for the whole set (he only messed up two lines!), but the band were really just throwing their all into every single song. The extended jams on System, Slow Show, Day I Die, and About Today were some of the best I've seen the band do. Also I've been chasing About Today as a set closer since I first saw them in 2010, and it finally happened. What a gem. When Matt sang the "hey are you awake" part, not a single person surrounding me in the crowd made a noise. It was incredible. Also, super cool to see Tropic Morning News live. And They played Weird Goodbyes, which I realized as I tried to sing along I do not know all the words to. That perfjoamcne though made me love the song it was so good. Did they mostly play the hits? Yes. But it felt completely worth the experience. Three things I really wanted to see: Pink Rabbits, Mr November, and About Today - and they did them all. Matt went into the crowd for Graceless and it was the closest I have ever been to him. I didn't completely lose my voice, but it feels a little subdued this morning because of how loud I screamed during Mr. November which is exactly what I wanted to happen.

I'll be headed back to festival today to try and see a smaller act called Sammy Rae and the Friends, Local Natives, maybe Band of Horses, and a bit of Leon Bridges. But I think I gotta take it easier today cause The National kind of killed me. I caught Wild Rivers yesterday, Lucius, and then watched all of Drew Holcomb's set so I could be at that stage for The National an hour after his ended. I was fortunate enough to easily grab a spot right up front for The National. But hey Drew Holcomb put on a really great set too so that was cool.

Incredible show last night at Moon River. When I bought my pass I was basically buying it for The National and I'm so happy I did. Because even though it's a festival set, meaning shorter, being able to see them where I grew up - where i live now - in this beautiful park that I've spent so many years in was just so meaningful. The band also just kiiiillled it. I think Matt sounded pretty great for the whole set (he only messed up two lines!), but the band were really just throwing their all into every single song. The extended jams on System, Slow Show, Day I Die, and About Today were some of the best I've seen the band do. Also I've been chasing About Today as a set closer since I first saw them in 2010, and it finally happened. What a gem. When Matt sang the "hey are you awake" part, not a single person surrounding me in the crowd made a noise. It was incredible. Also, super cool to see Tropic Morning News live. And They played Weird Goodbyes, which I realized as I tried to sing along I do not know all the words to. That perfjoamcne though made me love the song it was so good. Did they mostly play the hits? Yes. But it felt completely worth the experience. Three things I really wanted to see: Pink Rabbits, Mr November, and About Today - and they did them all. Matt went into the crowd for Graceless and it was the closest I have ever been to him. I didn't completely lose my voice, but it feels a little subdued this morning because of how loud I screamed during Mr. November which is exactly what I wanted to happen.

I'll be headed back to festival today to try and see a smaller act called Sammy Rae and the Friends, Local Natives, maybe Band of Horses, and a bit of Leon Bridges. But I think I gotta take it easier today cause The National kind of killed me. I caught Wild Rivers yesterday, Lucius, and then watched all of Drew Holcomb's set so I could be at that stage for The National an hour after his ended. I was fortunate enough to easily grab a spot right up front for The National. But hey Drew Holcomb put on a really great set too so that was cool.
I can't wait for Friday though I've already spoiled most surprises by looking at a lot of setlists. They've stuck to pretty much the same songs, but I don't remember seeing About Today on any others. I'd love to hear that one.

Glad you had such a great show!!!!

Sammy Rae is great! Enjoy! :)

The rest of the festival was cancelled...

But hey I still got to see The National, and I get a 50% refund. So basically I saw The National, Drew Holcomb, Lucius, and Wild Rivers for $85. Not too bad. Bummed they couldn't at least wait and let Leon Bridges close it all out.

20220916_220501.jpg

Last night's show was so much fun. As a SWB fan, we got a nice surprise in Carin at the Liquor Store. I haven't seen that show up in any other setlists I've seen on this tour. Based on their Ig post it looks like they were supposed to end with About Today, but we got a crowd sing-a-long of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks instead which was a lot of fun. Matt climbed through our aisle during his walk through the crowd moment during Day I Die, so I got to give him a pat on the back as my gf got to hold his hand to help him over the seats. The new songs all sounded great live too. Indigo Sparke was a good opener, and she came back out to sing Rylan.

So, for new songs they did:

This Isn't Helping
Ice Machines
Tropic Morning News
Weird Goodbyes

Is that all of them they've shown so far?
Grease In Your Hair (Birdie) is another one they’ve played a few times, but maybe not as much as the others?

Out of all of them, I love Ice Machines and Tropic Morning News the best.

I got my non-vinyl Cherry Tree package yesterday. It’s…not much. I like the designs but I don’t see myself really using much of the items 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back