The National

I've ever so quickly had a change of heart, I'm still not a fan of long album roll outs but even if this landed with a thud it still means we're FINALLY getting a new National album and hopefully soon!!

Ugh stupid Reddit got me all hyped up. I am disappointed because they teased a tease basically. Like if there was no built up and they just posted that video then I wouldn’t feel this way? That said, it is still very exciting cause we know it’s coming. It’s just more waiting before we know anything else.

What’s the significance of Frankenstein?

Also the second song teased in that password protected video is Tropic Morning News and it sounds very much like the live versions.

Last edited:
Someone on Reddit said perhaps the significance of Frankenstein is the band piecing together all these different parts to create an album. It's not one cohesive vision like IAETF. This is them collaborating with artists they like with stand alone songs mixed in-between. We've got Bon Iver, Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridger, Sufjan Stevens on 4 songs off a maybe 11-12 song album.

Ugh stupid Reddit got me all hyped up. I am disappointed because they teased and tease basically. Like if there was no built up and they just posted that video then I wouldn’t feel this way? That said, it is still very exciting cause we know it’s coming. It’s just more waiting before we know anything else.

What’s the significance of Frankenstein?

Also the second song teased in that password protected video is Tropic Morning News and it sounds very much like the live versions.
I blame the Belle and Sebastain tracklist error. If this was all we got with the little teasers of the Paul head thing earlier in the week I'd be fine. But the album is basically already there with that leak so not even a song is disappointing.

I blame the Belle and Sebastain tracklist error. If this was all we got with the little teasers of the Paul head thing earlier in the week I'd be fine. But the album is basically already there with that leak so not even a song is disappointing.
Yeah it kinda sucks that was leaked because it would have made this more interesting.

Also I am still a bit frustrated I don’t have my Cherry Tree package yet. The tracking hasn’t even updated. 😔

I am reminded slightly of Radiohead’s A Moon Shaped Pool rollout though. I remember the mail they sent out. Then they blacked out their website. Then they posted two different snippets of the first two songs and the videos. Then they announced it all. It felt so slow but it was less than I think even one week or two weeks? So maybe something soon. Very soon.

Back