The National

I read something yesterday - it was an older article - need to dig through history - but it was an interview and I think it was Aaron who said they had a bunch of songs ready for the new album and Weird Goodbyes was going to be one of them.

It has to be on the new record, and if not, they need to release it as a 7"

For the record, I was totally underwhelmed when I first heard it, but seeing it live and then listening to it pretty much incessantly when we had to put my beautiful sweet dog down made me really connect with it and I love it now.
I saw it live too and it really made me appreciate it more. I think I bypassed how good the lyrics are

They must've done a big drop at the distribution center yesterday as mine now shows it is on it's way to Jersey. Should arrive to me on the 20th.

Spinning TWFM (one of the first albums I bought) and it sounds great. Then I remember how bad of a pressing SWB is. Do good pressings of that album exist?

The "Forest Hills Green" version is the best one I have (I also have the blue and white ones). If I remember correctly it sounds pretty solid.

Enough of a difference to buy it again? I think I have the blue one and it has distortion and no fill all over the place.

Enough of a difference to buy it again? I think I have the blue one and it has distortion and no fill all over the place.
Not like a major night and day difference, no. But it's the one I usually choose to listen to because I think the blue one isn't super good and the white one is okay. It's the best of the three, but I'd have to spin it again to see if it's like massively different. I wanna say no. But it's the cleanest I have.

Back