Upcoming/Recent Shows

1. Weezer/No Doubt co-headliner
2. Steve Earle
3. Papa Roach
4. Godspeed You ! Black Emperor
5. TOOL/King Crimson
6. Wax Mannequin or Geoff Berner (both MANY times)
7. My Morning Jacket
8. Prince
9. Zappa
10. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I've realized I may have seen Geoff Berner more times than Wax, but couldn't say for sure – I've been at many festivals with both of them and always make a point of catching them both, so if one has been more than the other it's by a negligible amount. Wax Mannequin likely came to mind first because I've been onstage with him more than Geoff, but I've spent more time traveling in cars with Geoff than with Wax! Either way, I've updated my post.

So much fun seeing everyone's answers.

I'm doing this stream of consciousness. I've seen 49 years of shows so 2/3 of these answers will change every time I'm given a chance to think about it...

First: Elton John in 1975.
Last: Neil Young & Crazy Horse.
Worst: Red Hot Chili Peppers - they were following Ministry and didn't stand a chance. They sucked regardless.
Loudest: Dinosaur Jr. in a tiny room. J still brought the full triple stack.
Best: Now that's just not fair at all. A few - Neil Young & Crazy Horse/Social Distortion/Sonic Youth in Chapel Hill '91. Iggy Pop/Jane's Addiction in a 300-capacity club '86. REM in a 200-capacity room in '85. The Black Crowes '90, '94 and '10. U2 Chapel Hill '83 - first North American date of the War tour. Lou Reed New York tour '89. Talking Heads Stop Making Sense tour. The Clash '82.
Seen Most: Black Crowes and related around 80 shows.
Most Surprising: Wilco - not once but twice in '95. First show was opening for The Jayhawks, and they blew them away. A couple months later they returned to the same tiny venue as a headliner and half the set was Being There even though it wouldn't surface for another year.
Happy I saw: Morphine, The Ramones
Wish I saw: The Doors
Next: X

LIVE MUSIC IS BETTER!

Last edited:
First: Stryper (1989), there were some others before this but this is the first big rock concert I attended - I remember the drummer playing solo and it’s on YouTube!
Last: Jack White
Worst: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, were sloppy opening for Aerosmith on New Year’s Eve
Loudest: Ozzfest with Black Sabbath, Judas Priest (the year Rob Halford returned), Slayer, et al.
Best: Cream, MSG, the one-time return of the legend
Most Surprising: The White Stripes (the first of many, just before their third album came out), didn’t know a duo could sound so grand; the show made me a fan
Happy I saw: Prince, Tom Petty, The Police, Sonny Rollins, Steve Lacy (soprano sax) with Roswell Rudd (trombone), and many others
Wish I saw: Jimi Hendrix
Next: Nile Rodgers and Chic

First: Aerosmith
Last: Green Day
Worst: During a festival set a band that I can't remember their name, were talking between songs and said they "hate people born in June" so I gave them the finger and left.
Loudest: Sleep
Best: They're all great
Seen Most: Tied with 3 times each: King Buffalo, Sylvan Esso, Speedy Ortiz, Louisville Orchestra, Modest Mouse, Kurt Vile, Bully
Most Surprising: le Butcherettes
Happy I saw: Squirrel Nut Zippers
Wish I saw: Stevie Ray Vaughan
Next: Bright Eyes (though this is next year, there will no doubt some in the meantime)

Green Day in Cincinnati was a lot of fun. 2 full albums plus several more pretty much nonstop for 2 hours.
Green Day Setlist at Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati

View attachment 211856
View attachment 211857

We were on the 3rd base side just a few rows up from the dugout. Saw the band hanging out in the dugout watch Smashing Pumpkins.

View attachment 211855

The Smashing pumpkins were really good, too. Their new guitarist is very energetic. Corgan wore the classic trenchcoat/robe thing.
View attachment 211854

Rancid was fun and of course sang Ruby SoHo
View attachment 211853

Glad to make it in time to see some of the Linda Lindas, though I heard the first few from outside the stadium as we were walking up.

View attachment 211852
Seeing this tonight! Somehow will be the 1st time seeing all these bands.

Cross posting from the King Gizzard and Lizard Wizard thread.

What. A. Show.

@folsom_lives and I were on the edge of the pit for most of it. I never went in but you'd never know by how sweaty (and stinky tbh) I was by the end. (Had to get a picture with the inflatable dino in it)
View attachment 212014

I hadn't been looking at other setlists from this tour, but we got 4 from PetroDragonic and 4 from the new one, which were the top. Basically the 2nd half of the set was Metal Gizz. Curious if that's how it's been a lot this tour. Le Risque is sooooo much fun live, and my radio buddy videoed the whole song. Hoping he pushes it for airplay after tonight.

Nice hangin with ya!
View attachment 212013

Goose opened and I liked them a lot better this time than when I saw them open for Jack White a few years back. Still not my favorite.

PXL_20240824_233054893.MP.jpg

Waiting for Glen Hansard to take the stage and then Pearl Jam. It’s been nearly a year since it was postponed at the last minute. I feel we’re gonna get something special (and maybe that song, too)

Supposedly they soundchecked Satan’s Bed, Not for You and Corduroy. If they open with Last Exit then maybe that means something… 👀

Waiting for Glen Hansard to take the stage and then Pearl Jam. It’s been nearly a year since it was postponed at the last minute. I feel we’re gonna get something special (and maybe that song, too)

Supposedly they soundchecked Satan’s Bed, Not for You and Corduroy. If they open with Last Exit then maybe that means something… 👀
Satan's Bed kicks ass live. Here's hoping that they've worked the 'bugs' out for your show.

Next Blossom Music Center show. Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with Ministry and Filter.

Filter had a good set, although I don't think I'd go out of my way to hear the 2 hits again. Ministry was interesting. Respect the reputation and the left leaning messages of their songs.

PXL_20240828_221539267.MP.jpgPXL_20240828_231039342.MP.jpg

Alice Cooper kicked ass. What a fun show. Had the guillotine and everything still.

Didn't stay for Rob Zombie.

PXL_20240829_000638176.MP.jpg

Snail Mail
QakM6i1.jpeg

Waxahatchee
3OWc9rn.jpeg

Back