Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

What the fuck makes Herbie Hancock's Sextant part of VMP's "Pride Collection" ?!?!?!?!
IMG_5044.jpeg
I am all for donating $$$ for a good cause but how much is this $1 from each of these specific records sold over the next 3 weeks gonna generate? I would be embarrassed making a $89 corporate donation to a charity. I hope they have minimum amout they plan on donating regardless.

View attachment 205221
I am all for donating $$$ for a good cause but how much is this $1 out of everyone one of these specific records over the next 3 weeks gonna generate. I would be embarrassed making a $89 corporate donation to a charity. I hope they have minimum amout they plan on donating regardless.
VMP will add $1 to the final total!

While we're at it, A Tribe Called Quest is also in the pride collection? Uhhhh

it's called the love movement. duh. ignore the fact that they made a song that was so homophobic that their label refused to let them put it on one of their albums

Yeah, that one I could see exactly for the title alone, even if completely off-bass. The Herbie makes even less sense to me though

But that’s kinda the thing, right? LGTBQA+ like all sorts of music. Unless the album has a direct link to Pride it’s all a bit of stereotyping at their part.
I mean, they could've just did a general promotion where if you buy something they do the donation thing, but that would've been too easy. Instead they're trying to sell a very specific set of albums trying to sell them off under the guise of them being related to a specific cause.

One is what any normal person would do, the other is the very VMP thing to do.
VMP will also do the VMP thing it seems. They can't help it. It's instinct to do the VMP thing.

But that’s kinda the thing, right? LGTBQA+ like all sorts of music. Unless the album has a direct link to Pride it’s all a bit of stereotyping at their part.
But moving product is what is important not some silly charity.

If they actually gave a toss they would just say we will donate X amount for every in-stock album we sell in June

Edit: what is said above

Back