Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I need to decide whether to stick or twist in the next month. As an international there is zero value in 3 month subs but VMP are going to give me a referral discount to reflect them introducing it the day after I signed up last year. And for all its faults I like the product (generally) but not sure how keen I am on sinking a years cost on what may be a sinking ship.

But I’ve been thinking about this and when I first subbed it was all Big Bill Bronzy, Pinkerton, Ben Webster Quintet and I was more than happy. Maybe less choice may make them work a bit harder but less subs will create some of that early inventive variety.

Finally got around to spinning the Sly bundle too which just confirms that for all VMP’s quirks. When it gets it right it’s great.
Im in a similar position. My yearly renews in October. My membership 'option' is showing as having a Membership Referral (not sure which one of you it was but I clicked on one months ago and it must have remembered it) and although expensive, I do still enjoy their albums when they "get it right".

My issue is that they haven't been able to get my address correct for the best part of a year, and I haven't received a parcel from them since the Black Moses release, despite them sending several which have all gone to the incorrect address. I followed up last week with a list of records that I am still waiting on (despite them being "shipped") and I basically said that if they don't get it right I cant see myself re-subbing. I got a response shortly after from a new CS rep stating they are sending them all out AGAIN and guaranteed they will get to my correct address this time. Im not holding by breath but lets see...

Im in a similar position. My yearly renews in October. My membership 'option' is showing as having a Membership Referral (not sure which one of you it was but I clicked on one months ago and it must have remembered it) and although expensive, I do still enjoy their albums when they "get it right".

My issue is that they haven't been able to get my address correct for the best part of a year, and I haven't received a parcel from them since the Black Moses release, despite them sending several which have all gone to the incorrect address. I followed up last week with a list of records that I am still waiting on (despite them being "shipped") and I basically said that if they don't get it right I cant see myself re-subbing. I got a response shortly after from a new CS rep stating they are sending them all out AGAIN and guaranteed they will get to my correct address this time. Im not holding by breath but lets see...
is it an issue with the mail service on the UK side? really strange issue to be having.

is it an issue with the mail service on the UK side? really strange issue to be having.
Yeah I believe so. Essentially, the label from VMP's factory is correct but once it gets to the UK the postal service (DHL I think) puts their new one on with a different post code and address. Without disclosing my address, the 2 have a common word, eg "Smith Street" and "Smith crescent" and its a few miles from where I live but I have no easy way to get there.

I have tried calling DHL a few times but they infuriatingly said they can only deal with the person sending the package (VMP is the only company I have this issue with, other purchases from the States have arrived correctly).

Yeah I believe so. Essentially, the label from VMP's factory is correct but once it gets to the UK the postal service (DHL I think) puts their new one on with a different post code and address. Without disclosing my address, the 2 have a common word, eg "Smith Street" and "Smith crescent" and its a few miles from where I live but I have no easy way to get there.

I have tried calling DHL a few times but they infuriatingly said they can only deal with the person sending the package (VMP is the only company I have this issue with, other purchases from the States have arrived correctly).

hopefully the AI customer service rep can help you out finally!

• Order #XXXXXX: This order is currently in release status, which means it's being processed and will be shipped out to you very soon. You should receive a shipping confirmation shortly.
  • Order #XXXXXXY: Unfortunately, this order will not be shipped because it was swapped for credits as part of your membership benefits. When you swap an Album of the Month for credits, the original order associated with that selection is canceled, and the credits are applied to your account instead.

They can't even process orders properly now? So I placed this second order in their last JULYXMAS30 campaign.7

5 minutes later...

I apologize for any confusion and for the inconvenience you've experienced. Upon double-checking, I can confirm that order #XXXXXXY was not canceled but is still waiting to be shipped out.

Last edited:
I think they’ll end up a leaner sub service with less audience interaction and that’ll probably pitch it where it should have always been. The whole bloated FOMO jack of no trades bollocks was always going too far in a pretty saturated market.

Theres a solid chance its going to become a regular company selling records to regular buyers without a single jizz chucking, frenzied freak out over a marginally different colour to an identical press that is about £30 cheaper elsewhere. I’m kinda looking forward to the chill years

I think they’ll end up a leaner sub service with less audience interaction and that’ll probably pitch it where it should have always been. The whole bloated FOMO jack of no trades bollocks was always going too far in a pretty saturated market.

Theres a solid chance its going to become a regular company selling records to regular buyers without a single jizz chucking, frenzied freak out over a marginally different colour to an identical press that is about £30 cheaper elsewhere. I’m kinda looking forward to the chill years

Poor Nathan

Back