Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This was my response regards using store credit for a sale order.

Thank you for reaching out.

We will check our fulfillment system to see if your order is already in process. Once we have reviewed the details and applied the credit, we will provide you with an update on the status of your request.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this. Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to let us know.

What does this even mean?

We will check our fulfillment system to see if your order is already in process. Once we have reviewed the details and applied the credit, we will provide you with an update on the status of your request.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this. Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to let us know.

It means AI customer service has saved us TENS of dollars

Nothing. What the fuck does it matter if my order is in process if you are going to apply the discount?

Somebody on discord pointed out that last month was Customer AppreciationMonth which ended up with the Vault boxes mostly being underwhelming, AI customer service being implemented while the entire CS team was let go (probably for either a cheaper CS team or more AI), two tracks being eliminated, more promised transparency only for everyone from VMP to disappear, etc. Can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
Somebody on discord pointed out that last month was Customer Appreciate Month which ended up with the Vault boxes mostly being underwhelming, AI customer service being implemented while the entire CS team was let go (probably for either a cheaper CS team or more AI), two tracks being eliminated, more promised transparency only for everyone from VMP to disappear, etc. Can't make this stuff up.
IMG_6874.gif

Somebody on discord pointed out that last month was Customer Appreciate Month which ended up with the Vault boxes mostly being underwhelming, AI customer service being implemented while the entire CS team was let go (probably for either a cheaper CS team or more AI), two tracks being eliminated, more promised transparency only for everyone from VMP to disappear, etc. Can't make this stuff up.
What would you do with more appreciation?

So they’re offering 25% off in stock records today for Record day or whatever bullshit reason, and it was no code needed. However, if you tried to paid with store credit it removed the discount. Screw that.

I’m at the point where I just want out from their shitty curation, which used to be so much better. At least there’s a record I want this upcoming month.
Idk how I missed this. Same here, screw that.

So when I try to apply my swap credits, I don’t get the 25% discount anymore?? Ugh
It’s never been possible to use credits with a coupon code. You have always had to buy with coupon then email CS to have them refund and apply your credit. It’s supposedly a Shopify limitation. I’ve never had an issue getting the refund although now with the CS AI people have generally been having some problems actually getting some of their requests resolved.

It’s never been possible to use credits with a coupon code. You have always had to buy with coupon then email CS to have them refund and apply your credit. It’s supposedly a Shopify limitation. I’ve never had an issue getting the refund although now with the CS AI people have generally been having some problems actually getting some of their requests resolved.
There was no code for that sale though. So you wouldn't expect the discount to disappear when you apply your credit, thats not right at all. As others have said, I think they really need the cash.

There was no code for that sale though. So you wouldn't expect the discount to disappear when you apply your credit, thats not right at all. As others have said, I think they really need the cash.
This has happened with all of their sales in the past few years. The code is auto-added to your cart since the sale is only in stock. I can’t remember the last time you could add credit during a sale like this. Credit is redeemed by it generating a code and auto-adding it as well. You can’t stack codes. It’s a stupid system but it’s not new.

I tried to use credit this time out of curiosity. It didn’t remove the sale, just popped up with a notice saying that I couldn’t combine that code with the sale.

This has happened with all of their sales in the past few years. The code is auto-added to your cart since the sale is only in stock. I can’t remember the last time you could add credit during a sale like this. Credit is redeemed by it generating a code and auto-adding it as well. You can’t stack codes. It’s a stupid system but it’s not new.

I tried to use credit this time out of curiosity. It didn’t remove the sale, just popped up with a notice saying that I couldn’t combine that code with the sale.
Ahhh when I saw on site - "No code reqd" - Assumed didnt need one at all. TBH never got that far as I couldnt find a single record I wanted !

Back