Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Bandbox 2.0
Thank you for calling VMP. No your record is not pressed yet, but soon. Would you like an additional $50 in credit?
2_The-Office.jpg

I am not sure a potential buyer would really care abut Discord. If the buyer is a major then what he wants is a clear stock and a customer base big enough to start its own business. We'll see what happens with all of this.
I think a potential buyer would absolutely care about the public perception of a subscription based service and Reddit and Discord are their two biggest communities. If the customer base is rapidly losing members, why would a company buy them?

I don’t know that the vocal minorities would constitute a mass exodus.
i think that subscriber count is gonna get drastically smaller once those renewal dates hit. bet they already did this year as that freebies deal ran out. plus 15% of their base is gone with internationals as of next month. i just don't see how raising prices this much is the indicator that a sale of the company is imminent. it just shows that they need cash + are trying to dig themselves out of a hole to me.

i think that subscriber count is gonna get drastically smaller once those renewal dates hit. bet they already did this year as that freebies deal ran out. plus 15% of their base is gone with internationals as of next month. i just don't see how raising prices this much is the indicator that a sale of the company is imminent. it just shows that they need cash + are trying to dig themselves out of a hole to me.
I never said it was, just pointed to the fact that we know they do want to sell.

I never said it was, just pointed to the fact that we know they do want to sell.
yea it was more for what skalap was talking about. i'm very curious who the interested party is that wanted to buy or invest heavily in VMP. Craft is the only one I can really think of but not sure why they would need VMP.

It was also mentioned that it's getting harder and harder to get titles from major labels these days. Universal is making it extremely difficult apparently to license any sort of desired titles. Interscope is off limits with their IVC club. Sony has fired their 3rd party retail team and production liason. The person who used to run some spotify accounts of Sony's is now the liason for Target and their exclusives of Sony titles. Warner and Concord are the only two majors left that will seemingly play ball. So it would make sense for VMP to want to sell since they don't control the licensing, don't control production and don't have international or much wholesale distribution (though they have that now it seems).

The value is the subscriber base and contact info/customer list. but when that dries up, as it seems to have been doing a bit lately, don't know what is left in VMP's value.

yea it was more for what skalap was talking about. i'm very curious who the interested party is that wanted to buy or invest heavily in VMP. Craft is the only one I can really think of but not sure why they would need VMP.

It was also mentioned that it's getting harder and harder to get titles from major labels these days. Universal is making it extremely difficult apparently to license any sort of desired titles. Interscope is off limits with their IVC club. Sony has fired their 3rd party retail team and production liason. The person who used to run some spotify accounts of Sony's is now the liason for Target and their exclusives of Sony titles. Warner and Concord are the only two majors left that will seemingly play ball. So it would make sense for VMP to want to sell since they don't control the licensing, don't control production and don't have international or much wholesale distribution (though they have that now it seems).

The value is the subscriber base and contact info/customer list. but when that dries up, as it seems to have been doing a bit lately, don't know what is left in VMP's value.
I mean I certainly wouldn’t buy them. But that’s just me. I can’t imagine the majors don’t already have most of our info. IVC is a subpar club and seems to be doing just fine. For all intents and purposes Rhino HIFI is a club. I think VMP has lived well past its prime and trying to come back from the set backs of the last year seem insurmountable to me.

That sea of red on VMP's store drop scheduling tracker....that's good, right? Like all that overwhelming red means things are going great?
Thank you for posting this… Nice to know that they pushed back Jolene to March (!)

I mean I certainly wouldn’t buy them. But that’s just me. I can’t imagine the majors don’t already have most of our info. IVC is a subpar club and seems to be doing just fine. For all intents and purposes Rhino HIFI is a club. I think VMP has lived well past its prime and trying to come back from the set backs of the last year seem insurmountable to me.
thats why i thought maybe craft. they already have a cozy relationship and maybe don't have the subscriber base, but that could be used for Jazz Dispensary, Fania, etc. I'd be down for a somewhat affordable Concord/Craft sub. They have tons of good titles and good taste IMO at least out of the Fania and JD stuff.

IVC seems to be doing okay because it's fairly small quantities. Still not selling those out though lately even at 4k copies or less.

If VMP were close to folding, why are they even trying to right the ship? Just declare bankruptcy and cash out whatever you can. I'm sure the Board is protected. They are either planning for the long haul, or they want to be sold to another company. In either case, it means VMP will still be around in some fashion.

At some point they will close up shop, but I don't think it's anytime soon.

Edit: Well, on second thought, if some of the Board isn't that 'protected' and could stand to lose substantial money, then there is your motivation for VMP to get this shit right and operate at their best.

If VMP were close to folding, why are they even trying to right the ship? Just declare bankruptcy and cash out whatever you can. I'm sure the Board is protected. They are either planning for the long haul, or they want to be sold to another company. In either case, it means VMP will still be around in some fashion.

Edit: Well, on second thought, if some of the Board isn't that 'protected' and could stand to lose substantial money, then there is your motivation for VMP to get this shit right and operate at their best.
I can’t imagine that Matt “What would you do with more time” Fiedler has been super successful in the community building consult business.

They are backed by investors (apparently one large one in particular who according to legal documents, doesn't like paying severance pay) who want a return, not a bankruptcy and a loss. So Matt's gotta right the ship, sell it to this mystery buyer for a profit (somehow) in order to make the investors happy. This would suggest his biggest goal should be to retain subscribers and the revenue flow they generate without a load of cancelations.

They are backed by investors (apparently one large one in particular who according to legal documents, doesn't like paying severance pay) who want a return, not a bankruptcy and a loss. So Matt's gotta right the ship, sell it to this mystery buyer for a profit (somehow) in order to make the investors happy. This would suggest his biggest goal should be to retain subscribers and the revenue flow they generate without a load of cancelations.
there seem to be way less store drops lately, less tracks, less revenue, prices are going up, and at least 15% of their subscriber base is gone with international memberships being cancelled. they are also pressing in smaller quantities now.

many of these moves don't seem to be pointing to investors wanting immediate returns. they seem to be directed at righting the ship over time, likely to sell to someone else and cash out if they can. but they likely need to get their cash flow and books in better shape after the plant fiasco.

And we're paying more in the US going forward to make up for yout missing international subs and maintain their monthly revenue. t's a great time to join 🤑
lol
I keep checking every so often to see if there's ANYTHING in the pipe that will make me rejoin, but I guess that's 100% moot now. I gotta say it's conflicting. Definitely a love/hate relationship and now there's no chance of rekindling it.

Back