Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

lol
I keep checking every so often to see if there's ANYTHING in the pipe that will make me rejoin, but I guess that's 100% moot now. I gotta say it's conflicting. Definitely a love/hate relationship and now there's no chance of rekindling it.
I bet you could send the same amount of money to @Yer Ol' Uncle D @TenderLovingKiller® or @avecigrec and get far better curation than VMP will ever give you.

I bet you could send the same amount of money to @Yer Ol' Uncle D @TenderLovingKiller® or @avecigrec and get far better curation than VMP will ever give you.
Their curation over the past few quarters have been absolute dogshit. I've been spending that money at my locals and curating what I want (although even the money I spend on that has reduced drastically). No loss here, just that curiosity every now and then that MAYBE something is coming down the pipe that I may want.

They’re gonna ship everything you already paid for.
93rqnc.jpg

Their curation over the past few quarters have been absolute dogshit. I've been spending that money at my locals and curating what I want (although even the money I spend on that has reduced drastically). No loss here, just that curiosity every now and then that MAYBE something is coming down the pipe that I may want.
They have had some very solid titles and releases this past year (Sly, Fleetwood Mac store drops, Nina Simone exclusives, Black Moses, Don Blackman) and then lots of misses. I had my discounted yearly sub with all the freebies so it worked out to $18 a record for me. I found maybe one or at most 2 ROTMs I wanted most months. Won’t reup when mine expires unless something good pops up that I want. I’ll grab Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights if VMP is still around next year when that’s in classics. Not much else I’d grab at the new pricing.

View attachment 213821
I saw a video that said Anthologies may be a way the company can move forward, but I fail to see how Anthologies are any more insulated from the licensing issue than anything else. And the prices on them are extra batshit crazy.

How does VMP consistently get the worst variant of a record.

View attachment 213827

The worst variant, that they charge a premium for that their customers probably won’t receive until 6 weeks after everyone else already has their copy.

Back