Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

There’s still constant people calling them out over there (myself included) and this specific mod seemed to apologize even if it wasn’t him who did it. Have a private conversation about it but last thing I’m sure a lot of us want is this becoming another board with people just arguing amongst themselves. Some of us like VMP, some of us don’t, some are in the middle. I like that this board, unlike reddit, seems to accept that.
Tried pm’ing there. All mods who responded said it wasn’t them and that they can’t speak for that person, but apologized on behalf of the mod team. Can’t have it both ways. Banning and tagging users for ‘bias’ but keeping the mods who actually enforce that bias.

Tried pm’ing there. All mods who responded said it wasn’t them and that they can’t speak for that person, but apologized on behalf of the mod team. Can’t have it both ways. Banning and tagging users for ‘bias’ but keeping the mods who actually enforce that bias.

Which sucks but at least you can still post on here without worrying about being banned.

Which sucks but at least you can still post on here without worrying about being banned.

I think @mcherry or @gouis or one of the other mods on here might disagree.
Just because no one has been banned here yet doesn't mean it couldn't happen. In fact, there's specific language in the first post on this link for a reason:

Just because no one has been banned here yet doesn't mean it couldn't happen. In fact, there's specific language in the first post on this link for a reason:

For real. I don’t know how many times @mcherry has had to tell people to cool it on the personal attacks, yet everyday somebody shits on storf and 50 people like the post.

I mean, yeah, ban literal Nazis 24/7/365. But as those sorts of 'very fine people' constantly forget, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of that speech. Storf is a pretentious, condescending ass; it's fair to treat him as such.

For real. I don’t know how many times @mcherry has had to tell people to cool it on the personal attacks, yet everyday somebody shits on storf and 50 people like the post.

Like him or not, Storf is not the problem.

It has gotten old listening to the same complaints and airing of grievances around here. Not that some complaints and discussion aren't valid, however some are just whining and petty revenge.

If you hate VMP this much maybe it's time to look at yourself and decide if a record company should be occupying so much room in your head.

I didn’t mean people have free reign but you can certainly complain more freely about a VMP employee to an extent without it being a personal attack. Since he’s not on this board. And I’m saying this as a Storf fan.

The best screw up, Mark my words, will be shipping for internationals. The new system results in people getting multiple customs charges as orders are printed with $14 shipping added to them. Multiple separate deliveries. Multiple extra charges. Like when they changed their fulfilment centre last Christmas. It’s an annual tradition.

The best screw up, Mark my words, will be shipping for internationals. The new system results in people getting multiple customs charges as orders are printed with $14 shipping added to them. Multiple separate deliveries. Multiple extra charges. Like when they changed their fulfilment centre last Christmas. It’s an annual tradition.
Wait, what. They're charging international customer shipping for EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM, rather than making a single combined order?

This is true. We still ban people. I would appreciate that we not call people names. Criticize the company but try to avoid personal attacks, please.

That was just for the standard catalogue stuff that they trialed with a new provider? Didn’t the fulfilment of the VMP stuff stay at SC? I know I didn’t get any customs charges on any VMP boxes but I didn’t buy any of that catalogue stuff either. It did take both my December and March boxes pretty much 2 months to arrive. I remember March being pretty much my first breaking point (confirmed fully by the forum nuke) as the box took an age and it was extra infuriating because all 3 records were sold out...

I mean, yeah, ban literal Nazis 24/7/365. But as those sorts of 'very fine people' constantly forget, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of that speech. Storf is a pretentious, condescending ass; it's fair to treat him as such.
We definitely still ban people, and some people have gotten temporary bans for bad behavior.

We're not going to ban people for disagreeing with us or complaining about stuff. However personal attacks are off the table, ESPECIALLY for other members here.

Storf is a tricky subject because many people here have personally interacted with him. I think some of the attacks on him here are going overboard. I mean I personally called him names elsewhere but it's probably better to direct anger with the company in general instead of specific people. Especially since Storf doesn't actually have his hand in things like shipping, customer service, etc. He's just an easy punching bag.

This is true. We still ban people. I would appreciate that we not call people names. Criticize the company but try to avoid personal attacks, please.
P.S. I appreciate y'all too. I think it's ok to call people (including [especially] me) out when they cross that line. Personally, I appreciate getting called out, because I don't always realize that line has been crossed, and often did not intend to. Hence my apology for my comments about storf that DID cross that line, once it was explained how.

Wait, what. They're charging international customer shipping for EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM, rather than making a single combined order?

They charge no shipping if you’re a member. @Murfocakes is pre emoting a not unbelievable scenario where they ship all the December stuff out to an international member one at a time and declare the full amount plus the non member postage despite you not paying postage on it...

Back