Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Any chance we can make a Reddit thread or take the conversation somewhere else? I would like this thread to be focused in its bitching of just VMP's site and migration orders please. :):):)

Speaking of, I got a response back from CS about the whereabouts of my order today! They just copy and pasted the migration status faq. 🙃🙃🙃

Any chance we can make a Reddit thread or take the conversation somewhere else? I would like this thread to be focused in its bitching of just VMP's site and migration orders please. :):):)

Speaking of, I got a response back from CS about the whereabouts of my order today! They just copy and pasted the migration status faq. 🙃🙃🙃
I got one of those as well. I left some feedback when they sent me a survey a couple of days later.

I want to comment on this because @LordHood actually PM'd me on reddit before heading over here and it's partially my fault for linking them to this thread. I got a message thanking me for having his back and I wasn't sure exactly which post it was referencing, but recognized his name. In the same message, he mentioned he'd been banned by you for calling you a "fanboy " My response was that you not only weren't a boy, but that it's ironic that you'd actually just thanked me for having your back as a mod. I directed them to this thread as an example of how you've been critical of issues yourself and as evidence that the assumption was off base, not as a new avenue to try and call you out regarding what I felt was a mischaracterization that didn't ring true for me.

I've also suggested people check out N&G when they express a desire to leave VMP, but don't want to lose the curation or community aspect. I'm guilty myself of not recognizing that there was more of a community over there, until recently. Out of respect to you, I hope that can be refostered, somehow. My impressions are further colored by seeing a community come together out of the ashes of the VMP forum and uniting to pushback together. They are definitely responsible for getting in their own way over there, as well, but I hope you recognize that I'd never have any intention of fucking with you as mods unless I really believed you were running that place as a PR tool to silence dissent and prop up a company that has a lot to answer for. I definitely don't feel that way, but I've hopefully also made that clear in my other comments.

I definitely get what you're saying. And I definitely have no problem with N&G being linked to or mentioned on the subreddit - this place is great, and if people want to jump ship from VMP but still have a place that has a strong sense of community, they should absolutely check this place out (granted they follow the rules of course). I've just always tried to make sure, mostly for N&G's sake, that this place isn't seen as just "a new VMP community", because I want to make sure anyone coming here from the subreddit doesn't see this place as solely a platform for VMP, or a new platform for the subreddit, or whatever. I don't think there's anything wrong with you or anyone linking to N&G on the subreddit - if someone makes the jump over here but does something shitty or has no interest in respecting the community, that's on them, not anyone else!

More fuel for the fire? I sleuthed their Instagram and came across their thanksgiving promo where they “gave away” a bunch of turntables. They listed the “winners” by name.... of all the people they listed by name, only one of them actually follows VMP. The others either don’t exist on IG, or they’re very far away from what I would think a VMP customer would be anywhere near.
They had another IG contest for a Vagabond Test Pressing. Not very many people entered, and when the drawing date came they were dead silent. I DM'd them and asked if they ever drew a winner and/or announced it and never got a response. I'm certain it was a bogus contest.

Soooo we all still think VMP is a mess right? Guys?
giphy-2-gif.26463

I definitely get what you're saying. And I definitely have no problem with N&G being linked to or mentioned on the subreddit - this place is great, and if people want to jump ship from VMP but still have a place that has a strong sense of community, they should absolutely check this place out (granted they follow the rules of course). I've just always tried to make sure, mostly for N&G's sake, that this place isn't seen as just "a new VMP community", because I want to make sure anyone coming here from the subreddit doesn't see this place as solely a platform for VMP, or a new platform for the subreddit, or whatever. I don't think there's anything wrong with you or anyone linking to N&G on the subreddit - if someone makes the jump over here but does something shitty or has no interest in respecting the community, that's on them, not anyone else!

I feel like we understand each other, for the most part -- or at least I hope we do. I just wanted to clarify some things and make sure that I was being responsive to anything that I might be even remotely connected to.

I learned it all from the mods at the old place, I'm just trying my best to follow in their footsteps ;)

When it comes to gender, I've come to learn that basically the entire internet defaults to assuming someone is male unless proven otherwise. It's not even a malicious thing - I catch myself doing it all the time lol. While there could be some mean-spirited intent there, I just felt like there were so many more obviously intentional jabs that the gender thing didn't even register, especially when it's coming from someone like that who doesn't really know anything about me (unless they stalked my reddit history, which people have done before and threatened me with so that's always fun :p )

You’re a woman?!?!?!

;)

Back