Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I’m kinda surprised that they haven’t dropped When the Pawn down in this period. If I was running this company cynically I’d think that it’s time to use it as a huge diversion rather than future bait...

They are really good at creating FOMO. They're waiting for Fiona to announce her new album, and they'll be selling both in some sort of combo before it's widely available.

They are really good at creating FOMO. They're waiting for Fiona to announce her new album, and they'll be selling both in some sort of combo before it's widely available.

Think about the value of a record that only 6 people can get their hands on.

At this point they've created the FONS
Fear Of Never Shipping.

And it's not cool

Fonzie-Thumbs-down.jpg

"Eyyyy! Where's my shit?"

Think about the value of a record that only 6 people can get their hands on.

At this point they've created the FONS
Fear Of Never Shipping.

And it's not cool

View attachment 26583

"Eyyyy! Where's my shit?"
the fons does not approve

EDIT: just got an email for lucille being shipped. none of my other 6 records are included though
still waiting on:
still woozy
juvenile
shlohmo
idler wheel
blossom dearie
buddy guy

Last edited:
none of my other 6 records are included though
That is insane. I truly do not understand any decisions they are making. At this point they must be shelling out thousands in additional shipping fees by not boxing things together. Seems like a key point of their profit margins. Is this happening for international orders too? How much money does a software tool have to cost the company before they scrap it?

That is insane. I truly do not understand any decisions they are making. At this point they must be shelling out thousands in additional shipping fees by not boxing things together. Seems like a key point of their profit margins. Is this happening for international orders too? How much money does a software tool have to cost the company before they scrap it?

I was thinking the same thing. Although given how long it's taken for my copy of Charlie Brown Christmas to travel across one single state, I suspect they're sending a lot of these out via media mail which might save them a bit compared to FedEx or Priority.

No idea on international orders, though. That has to be killing them.

Here's the thing though - you'd think (if anyone there had a brain) that knowing the issues their system is having that they'd be doing manual checks on whether the order they're packing has other components or not.

I was thinking the same thing. Although given how long it's taken for my copy of Charlie Brown Christmas to travel across one single state, I suspect they're sending a lot of these out via media mail which might save them a bit compared to FedEx or Priority.

No idea on international orders, though. That has to be killing them.
I mean, even if it only cost 2 cents more to send two boxes, they still have to pay for 2 boxes. And then do that a few thousand time in a month, that can still be more than the cost of a couple employees.
And given their inability to plan, what if VMP runs out of boxes? I wouldn't put it passed them at this point. I can see it now "Um, hey everyone. We ran out of boxes due to blah blah not our fault. We're doing another raffle if you can carefully open boxes and send them back.

Here's the thing though - you'd think (if anyone there had a brain) that knowing the issues their system is having that they'd be doing manual checks on whether the order they're packing has other components or not.
Yup, you'd think so. Honestly the best thing they could do right now is pause all marketing, and show all the execs stuffing boxes in the warehouse with an announcement. Even if they said something like everyone will have a shipping notice by Christmas, I think showing actual people picking up the slack would buy them a lot of human understanding.

Back