Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I re-upped for Fiona (yes, I’m a sucker). Then it turns out Fiona was Idler Wheel and not even a members only release 😠

Then I thought “Well, at least I’ll get Aretha, that’s cool”. But I’m still waiting for my Dec box like most people. I’m afraid to cancel my membership in case it messes up getting Aretha and Fiona shipped with the migration fiasco. As soon as they ship, I’m out. Of course I know that as soon as I cancel, they will start another FOMO push for When the Pawn. 🤦🏼‍♀️

That is insane. I truly do not understand any decisions they are making. At this point they must be shelling out thousands in additional shipping fees by not boxing things together. Seems like a key point of their profit margins. Is this happening for international orders too? How much money does a software tool have to cost the company before they scrap it?

Yes it is.

Mobb Deep showed up unexpectedly today as a single record delivery although I chose bundled shipping.

And guess what: Without prior notification they decided to declare the actual value of the record. So additionally to the 31$ I had to pay another 11€ in customs and fees, thanks a lot.

Now I'm afraid if the same goes for my monthly box, which should contain six albums. Needless to say there was no shipping notification yet, though it's already the 16th of the month.

At least in foresight I did not order a single christmas record from them.

Yes it is.

Mobb Deep showed up unexpectedly today as a single record delivery although I chose bundled shipping.

And guess what: Without prior notification they decided to declare the actual value of the record. So additionally to the 31$ I had to pay another 11€ in customs and fees, thanks a lot.

Now I'm afraid if the same goes for my monthly box, which should contain six albums. Needless to say there was no shipping notification yet, though it's already the 16th of the month.

At least in foresight I did not order a single christmas record from them.

I called it. I fucking called it. Incompetent. Completely incompetent.

I re-upped for Fiona (yes, I’m a sucker). Then it turns out Fiona was Idler Wheel and not even a members only release 😠

Then I thought “Well, at least I’ll get Aretha, that’s cool”. But I’m still waiting for my Dec box like most people. I’m afraid to cancel my membership in case it messes up getting Aretha and Fiona shipped with the migration fiasco. As soon as they ship, I’m out. Of course I know that as soon as I cancel, they will start another FOMO push for When the Pawn. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Fellow sucker here 🙋🏻‍♂️ but I've already cancelled again... Got my November box, waiting on Fiona. Bought Cornelius too, with the Black Friday discount but I think that's due in January.

My biggest regret right now is that I ordered so many records from them this month. I don't know which of the 9 I am getting anymore, and I would rather have had that extra cash for the holidays.

Regardless, no more big boxes for a while. I am probably going to roll back to just the classics track and then spend my remaining vinyl budget on all the Tone Poet releases coming next year. I already have the Stax Anthology on order but I feel like that one will come with no issue.

Back