Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP doesn't like hiring employees directly. I wouldn't be shocked if they have an agency partner running their social media.

Almost definitely. Even MFSL/MoFi Electronics does that. That isn't really an issue.

Please post screenshots on Reddit. It'll be fun.

Someone here must have already take my screenshots over there:

I was going to post the replies from my DMs, but she was really kind and trying her best to fix an issue she has no shot at fixing for a problem she had nothing to do with, so I didn't want to be mean and throw her under the bus

counterpoint: they're ripe to be bought by a shark who thinks he can fix their problems
It's likely that if this happens, this passion project loses the passion part and all the FOMO bs that we've been seeing is ramped up like crazy and it folds within a year. The next 3 - 6 months will be very interesting to watch, regardless of whether you are a subscriber or not.

It's likely that if this happens, this passion project loses the passion part and all the FOMO bs that we've been seeing is ramped up like crazy and it folds within a year. The next 3 - 6 months will be very interesting to watch, regardless of whether you are a subscriber or not.

They've already lost the passion. I'm fine with it being absorbed into a big company, more so than an investor.

Let a Rhino or someone similar absorb VMP and whatever properties they have the rights or licensing agreements on

Jason from CS and I have been emailing back and forth for the last 30 minutes. Apparently the bundling issue affected everything (I previously thought it only meant that, for example, your ROTMs would not be bundled with your Black Friday and/or other one off purchases). So, for someone like me who ordered all 3 ROTMs this month (first time I ever did that btw), I will apparently be getting 3 separate boxes with one album in each. This is insane. Has anyone who received an order recently gotten more than one album in their box?

Seriously? What sort of incompetent insanity is happening in their warehouse? I got the track I swapped for, but still waiting on BB King, Fiona, and Blossom Dearie (not holding my breath on Blossom). I guess I can expect individual shipments. Which is costing them way more money too by the way....

Just noticed something else on LinkedIn. Amy, who joined VMP as the 'brand manager' a couple of years ago, has been the "Chief Experience Officer" for the last 9 months. She flies under the radar when we talk about people at VMP, but I'd say the terrible customer experience many of you are having is...probably something the CEO -- no, the other CEO -- should be worried about.
I'd also say, for a company that's crowdfunding money on the regular, accidentally shipping 30,000 peoples multiple orders individually; when you consider each person could have anywhere up to ten records coming... could be a bankruptcy level mistake.

Most people are unaware of the fact they're a shit show and those that are still keep buying shit. With the right investment in infrastructure they'd be fine.

They're a mess but they aren't unsalvageable and they have cornered a market that basically prints money.

All the signs point to VMP closing shop abruptly. I’d submit PayPal and credit card claims right now. Records not arriving tells me they don’t have stock on a LOT of titles, which points to money issues. Them having to crowdfund new releases is another, less jarring sign, but soooooo much stuff not arriving is a sign. Also, it appears clear they were unable to pay an experienced IT professional to handle their migration. That it STILL isn’t fixed says they still aren’t able or willing to pay what it costs a pro to fix.

All speculation on my part, but the signs are all there. Cancel any subs before they renew, and ask your payment provider for refunds NOW for all unreceived products.

If you are experiencing a problem now, and ever buy anything from VMP again, it’ll be your fault, not VMPs.
Omg, you think VMP might be closing down sometime soon!?!?! 😳😳😳

Surely they’re just having a big mess at the moment. Im sure they’ll stick around for a long time!

Back