Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

"I am currently CFO at Vinyl Me, Please where I get to combine my two passions of startup finance and music. When not working, I can be found skiing, working on old cars, or starting businesses with my dog Hoss, an American Bulldog. "

-mentions music is one of his two passions, music not listed among hobbies-

*cough*DOUCHE*cough*
Oh, be nice. :( I'm cool to take digs at VMP as a whole but going after the individuals is IMO poor form.

I'm shocked at myself that I haven't taken advantage and unleashed my U2 disdain since Enoch left.

being Irish I’m always conflicted there. It’s an absolute miracle that a band from this little country is capable of being such a behemoth. But then Bono. They had the odd good tune back in the day. But now they are sub wank, and bono. Also did I mention, Bono is a tit.

"That said, the thing that will definitely get me to quit updating stuff here is if people keep telling me they want me to get fired, are fat-shaming, or are saying they are fucking my mom. " -storfer

Ok I don't know who has said what to him in DM, but I have NEVER seen anything approaching this on the subreddit publicly.This seems like a victim card throwdown. I would mention this there but I don't want to end up like our tomato-y friend.
Not sure about the latter two but the getting fired thing is him being dense and completely misinterpreting what was said. They said he might want to get his resume ready because things didn't look good for VMP and everyone might be out of a job, not just Storf. And they didn't say it like it was wishful thinking either. More like preparing for the worst.

This all screams that they're barely breaking even and could potentially close up shop any day now. If you're not making enough of a profit from 30k subscribers a month, you'll never turn a profit in this business.

I'd agree with this. Wasn't aware they were doing the kick further thing as a temporary loan.

This isn't good news, especially when goods are paid for in advance by customers anyway. New IT systems don't come cheap either, so the problem is being compounded with additional system costs and expenses from the mailing errors until they get it right.

Considering the number of customers affected who are now sitting back until things are resolved, there's even less membership and preorder income.

Crazy times indeed. Also makes sense why they have so few CS people considering the size of the company.

"That said, the thing that will definitely get me to quit updating stuff here is if people keep telling me they want me to get fired, are fat-shaming, or are saying they are fucking my mom. " -storfer

Ok I don't know who has said what to him in DM, but I have NEVER seen anything approaching this on the subreddit publicly.This seems like a victim card throwdown. I would mention this there but I don't want to end up like our tomato-y friend.
speak for me, bowie

I'd agree with this. Wasn't aware they were doing the kick further thing as a temporary loan.

This isn't good news, especially when goods are paid for in advance by customers anyway. New IT systems don't come cheap either, so the problem is being compounded with additional system costs and expenses from the mailing errors until they get it right.

Considering the number of customers affected who are now sitting back until things are resolved, there's even less membership and preorder income.

Crazy times indeed. Also makes sense why they have so few CS people considering the size of the company.

Peep that last link that was in my original post about Adam (quoted above). They were struggling to get paid "after landing a large partnership deal with a large global conglomerate Retailer" from about September of last year into January or so. For 4 months they couldn't get paid after invoicing them and only worked it out at all by paying another outside company to help them get the cash.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.44.59 PM.png

tenor.gif

@Dead C @Joe Mac

Ok look now brothers, I know we are all generals in this war but I still like U2 and I don't want this to bring the revolution down from the inside! :p

I mean I’m in Dublin. I’ve seen them live at Croke Park, got drunk, the atmosphere was great and they put on the right type of gig for 90,000 odd drunk Irish men and Irish women in the home of all things irish. They haven’t released a full album worthy of their profile though since 1991 and Bono. Unfortunately, or not 🤷🏻‍♂️, the comeback will always be, but Bono...

Back