Definitive Audiophile pressings

or it was a error, lots of illness and temp hires at these warehouses right now. I would check on it.
Yeah I don't think so, I checked through the website a couple of weeks ago and it was showing $19.00 minimum shipping to Canada. And there is no mention anywhere on the website regarding the flat rate, it appears to have been scrubbed. The only thing that was a bit odd was the shipping rate stayed at $19.00 until I had about 8 albums in my cart. But they always made the distinction in the past the the shipping quoted was an estimate and they would re-evaluate after the order was put through. But it APPEARS to no longer be a duty free flat rate.

I suppose it's a little less than the original shipping costs. I suppose there are brokerage fees too? Fedex is not the worst for that though.
That would be my guess. I was going to put in an order for close to $200 USD just after Xmas and saw they dropped the shipping/duty flat rate so I cancelled my order. I am not willing to give those bloodsuckers (FedEx etc) a penny.

That would be my guess. I was going to put in an order for close to $200 USD just after Xmas and saw they dropped the shipping/duty flat rate so I cancelled my order. I am not willing to give those bloodsuckers (FedEx etc) a penny.

That $29 dollar deal really didn't last long. It wasn't on yet when I preordered the Miles Davis UHQR (I did that when I was on a high after one of playoff series wins last spring/summer). They never had the records I wanted after that. Some are back now but, oh well. I figure they might show up at one of the Canadian shops or my local if they're back in stock.

So are the AP mono reissues of the Prestige jazz titles sold out now on Acoustic Sounds? I see people on the MoFi groups on FB selling Soultrane and Bags Groove for $80 each. Seems they are now "backordered" on Acoustic Sounds. Just curious if this $80 price tag is the typical, accepted flipper practice on those groups, or if the titles are all truly sold out.

Last edited:
So are the AP mono reissues of the Prestige jazz titles sold out now on Acoustic Sounds? I see people on the MoFi groups on FB selling Soultrane and Bags Groove for $80. Seems they are now "backordered" on Acoustic Sounds. Just curious if this $80 price tag is the typical, accepted flipper practice on those groups, or if the titles are all truly sold out.
I feel like I've seen in several places that the full repress run has not yet been offered by Acoustic Sounds, meaning they haven't yet sold as many as are supposed to be pressed. If that's true, there should be more down the road. (Disclaimer: there's always a chance I'm just making this stuff up because I can't tell you exactly where I saw this.)

So are the AP mono reissues of the Prestige jazz titles sold out now on Acoustic Sounds? I see people on the MoFi groups on FB selling Soultrane and Bags Groove for $80. Seems they are now "backordered" on Acoustic Sounds. Just curious if this $80 price tag is the typical, accepted flipper practice on those groups, or if the titles are all truly sold out.
They will all be repressed despite what the flippers say. The long story somewhat short is:

AP finally got the rights from Concord/Craft to repress the prestige titles (50 titles in total, 25 mono, 25 stereo). They already had a bunch of jackets leftover from the first run they did, so they pressed more records and have been selling those. They have been adding about one title a week for the past 6 weeks or so. Didn't do one this week (yet). They tend to sell out in a few hours, although one or two lasted a day or so. Probably a few hundred copies of each and all the leftovers for now are being sold at AS, not wholesale to shops. They will all be repressed but the delays at Stoughton are insane right now (6-8 months or more). So they are waiting on new jackets to be printed to sell more copies. you can backorder now and you should get a copy when they come back in stock and won't be charged until then.

Flippers, especially the ones on those fb and hoffman sales forums, are buying 2, and trying to sell one to cover the cost of their own copies. That Travis guy who's on hoffman and the MoFi groups has been on a flipping spree. He disables comments on all of his posts now on facebook haha. Even people on hoffman are pissed about it now. The guy only posts records he's trying to flip over there without even participating in any threads.

you've probably seen a ton of the AP Prestige titles on ebay as well. it's all people trying to sell their old copies because of the represses happening. AS confirmed all 50 titles from that series will get repressed.

They will all be repressed despite what the flippers say. The long story somewhat short is:

AP finally got the rights from Concord/Craft to repress the prestige titles (50 titles in total, 25 mono, 25 stereo). They already had a bunch of jackets leftover from the first run they did, so they pressed more records and have been selling those. They have been adding about one title a week for the past 6 weeks or so. Didn't do one this week (yet). They tend to sell out in a few hours, although one or two lasted a day or so. Probably a few hundred copies of each and all the leftovers for now are being sold at AS, not wholesale to shops. They will all be repressed but the delays at Stoughton are insane right now (6-8 months or more). So they are waiting on new jackets to be printed to sell more copies. you can backorder now and you should get a copy when they come back in stock and won't be charged until then.

Flippers, especially the ones on those fb and hoffman sales forums, are buying 2, and trying to sell one to cover the cost of their own copies. That Travis guy who's on hoffman and the MoFi groups has been on a flipping spree. He disables comments on all of his posts now on facebook haha. Even people on hoffman are pissed about it now. The guy only posts records he's trying to flip over there without even participating in any threads.

you've probably seen a ton of the AP Prestige titles on ebay as well. it's all people trying to sell their old copies because of the represses happening. AS confirmed all 50 titles from that series will get repressed.

I wonder if this was pointed out to the label/store whether they’d link the name/location on Facebook to their customer pool and block?

I wonder if this was pointed out to the label/store whether they’d link the name/location on Facebook to their customer pool and block?
Potentially, but I'm sure most shops don't care what someone does once a record is purchased even with their one per customer limits. It seems fairly easy to skirt around that too. Just give a different person's name, use a different CC, ship one to work and one to home, etc. It's just pretty frustrating. The guy also tries to get anybody banned who dares let others know that those titles are not OOP.

Potentially, but I'm sure most shops don't care what someone does once a record is purchased even with their one per customer limits. It seems fairly easy to skirt around that too. Just give a different person's name, use a different CC, ship one to work and one to home, etc. It's just pretty frustrating. The guy also tries to get anybody banned who dares let others know that those titles are not OOP.

I think it depends on the store, most would rather they don’t get into flippers hands but policing it is difficult. If presented with that kind of evidence they might act. He sounds like he’s got some karma coming his way.

That said given that AS act as flippers of their own product themselves maybe the morals aren’t so strong there…

Thanks. Yeah, I saw one guy selling 2 or 3 copies of the AP Soultrane for $80 each, and people were just lapping it up. So, just wanted to confirm. I was contemplating upgrading some of my OJCs but now thinking I'd rather avoid all the backorders and use the funds to upgrade my cartridge.

I think it depends on the store, most would rather they don’t get into flippers hands but policing it is difficult. If presented with that kind of evidence they might act. He sounds like he’s got some karma coming his way.

That said given that AS act as flippers of their own product themselves maybe the morals aren’t so strong there…
The good thing is that less and less people are buying this one particular guy's records. And some people are commenting cleverly saying "is this the same pressing that was just redone and is going to be repressed soon?"

As much as Hoffman can suck, the classifieds are pretty decent. I've put some want ads up on there and people helped me out for prices way lower than discogs/ebay. They did a RSD moratorium on flipping which I really like as well. I think it's something like no selling RSD titles for 6+ months.

Thanks. Yeah, I saw one guy selling 2 or 3 copies of the AP Soultrane for $80 each, and people were just lapping it up. So, just wanted to confirm. I was contemplating upgrading some of my OJCs but now thinking I'd rather avoid all the backorders and use the funds to upgrade my cartridge.
it's madness. the last 5-10 posts on that group have all been AP represses selling for $80-$100 friends and family paypal only. people fuckin suck hah. before all the flipping, i had posted the link to the prestige titles in one group and gave the update that AP was repressing all the titles. My post got deleted by the mods and then someone posted Lush Life at a flipper price and that one stayed up hah. I keep wanting to delete the group but I have also had some luck trading some titles on there to people with a history of trades.

i'll try to tag ya when i see any other APs go up for sale. there may be one today, but it's also possible they ran out of jackets so are just waiting for more.

it's madness. the last 5-10 posts on that group have all been AP represses selling for $80-$100 friends and family paypal only. people fuckin suck hah. before all the flipping, i had posted the link to the prestige titles in one group and gave the update that AP was repressing all the titles. My post got deleted by the mods and then someone posted Lush Life at a flipper price and that one stayed up hah. I keep wanting to delete the group but I have also had some luck trading some titles on there to people with a history of trades.

i'll try to tag ya when i see any other APs go up for sale. there may be one today, but it's also possible they ran out of jackets so are just waiting for more.

Friends and family PP with a person I don’t know? No fucking chance.

Friends and family PP with a person I don’t know? No fucking chance.
i wouldn't either at all. but people seem to feel comfortable because other members write "buy with confidence". but the funny part is 9/10 times, those comments are just left by other flippers in the group.

i wouldn't either at all. but people seem to feel comfortable because other members write "buy with confidence". but the funny part is 9/10 times, those comments are just left by other flippers in the group.

Yeah even on here I’d only do that with someone I know, a new or a infrequent nope. You’re just left with zero comeback on what is, let’s face it, a lot of money for a record.

I recently bought for the first time on Facebook and had to push the seller into taking G&S even as group rules required G&S (I probably should have reported it but he eventually took it as G&S and I wasn't having luck finding this album at the price otherwise). Like, I'll buy here with F&F because I trust y'all but Facebook with no feedback/tracking system? Heck no. I'd even rather pay the extra fees and even some tax coverage than trust F&F on there.

Facebook vinyl marketplaces are wild. Never thought I'd feel spoiled by Discogs, Ebay, and Reddit of all things...

Back