Definitive Audiophile pressings

I recently bought for the first time on Facebook and had to push the seller into taking G&S even as group rules required G&S (I probably should have reported it but he eventually took it as G&S and I wasn't having luck finding this album at the price otherwise). Like, I'll buy here with F&F because I trust y'all but Facebook with no feedback/tracking system? Heck no. I'd even rather pay the extra fees and even some tax coverage than trust F&F on there.

Facebook vinyl marketplaces are wild. Never thought I'd feel spoiled by Discogs, Ebay, and Reddit of all things...
yea. it's pretty wild hah. people just wanna get around fees + the new taxes from paypal.

the one MoFi group i think does have a trusted sellers badge. or at least you can see the same people selling over and over again. i did a trade on the MoFi group which really stressed me out but the guy did have a series of other trades that were positive reviews. traded a coltrane lush life one step for the donald fagen nightfly one step. was a stressful few days though waiting for it to arrive...

Frustrated w/ AS at the moment. I ordered Soultrane (Prestige mono) when it was in stock (and remained in stock after my order). To get over the free shipping threshold, I added an item that I probably would have bought eventually, but not now.

They just partial shipped the order w/ the 2nd item and moved Soultrane status to “Backorder.” This is the second time in a month they’ve moved an item to backorder after my transaction. First was Phish “A Live One,” but at least that happened immediately after. The Soultrane switch just happened today for an order last week.

Frustrated w/ AS at the moment. I ordered Soultrane (Prestige mono) when it was in stock (and remained in stock after my order). To get over the free shipping threshold, I added an item that I probably would have bought eventually, but not now.

They just partial shipped the order w/ the 2nd item and moved Soultrane status to “Backorder.” This is the second time in a month they’ve moved an item to backorder after my transaction. First was Phish “A Live One,” but at least that happened immediately after. The Soultrane switch just happened today for an order last week.
There's something weird going on with their inventory system...I had Tenor Madness in my cart when it was available and was debating buying it or not. Then someone said it was sold out so I panic bought it (I was debating waiting until the repress but kinda wanted it now...)

A week or so later, it shipped. Got it yesterday and the invoice said "BACKORDERED" on it...My Soultrane shipped yesterday with another item.

Not sure what's going on with it....but it's nice to know there are people on facebook selling 2-3 copies of each of these titles for $80-$100 a piece...

Yeah I went and checked my Soultrane order today to see what's up and it looks like they moved it to backorder at some point. Was pretty sure I bought it in the first couple hours of it going up, so that's surprising.

I also bought Soultrane when it was in stock, along with two back ordered albums. Now all three are showing backordered in my account. Oh well, I guess I'll get it when I get it!

I also bought Soultrane when it was in stock, along with two back ordered albums. Now all three are showing backordered in my account. Oh well, I guess I'll get it when I get it!
My order (Soultrane plus an S&H killer) shipped yesterday.

I just hope you guys don't get charged for shipping when they fulfill your backorders!

Hahaha! I love that. Convictions so strong that you’d lose money to prove a point over $8!
It’ll probably never come up bc I doubt they’d care enough to fight over $8, but that’s not true where I live. Prevailing party in small claims court gets the damages, filing fee, and prevailing party fee. I bought this when it was in stock (no blue banners to scroll over to tell me about shipping charges), and, as far as I’m concerned (factoring in my law degree), they’re under contract to deliver that to me w/ free shipping. They could also just cancel the order and not charge me for shipping on the item they shipped today (of course I’d pay for that item itself).

It’ll probably never come up bc I doubt they’d care enough to fight over $8, but that’s not true where I live. Prevailing party in small claims court gets the damages, filing fee, and prevailing party fee. I bought this when it was in stock (no blue banners to scroll over to tell me about shipping charges), and, as far as I’m concerned (factoring in my law degree), they’re under contract to deliver that to me w/ free shipping. They could also just cancel the order and not charge me for shipping on the item they shipped today (of course I’d pay for that item itself).

Oh wow! I’ve never heard of small claims court giving costs! Is that a local peculiarity or are such things more widely common that side of the pond?

I was just sitting here in my nice cosy cave, about to tuck into a fresh goat when my frivolous lawsuit alarm suddenly went off.
Who are we suing, how much money can we make and I want in either way.

Last edited:
Oh no, in small claims court he'd likely win a judgment of $8 plus all of the court costs, including the filing and service fees. i love small claims court. When I clerked for a state court judge, it was my favorite part of the job.

Oh right our small claims courts don’t award costs generally! And certainly not filing fees! My feeling would that their long and dull never read terms and conditions contain a clause.

Damn Delaware incorporated vulture funds buying up repossessed properties and non performing mortgages are the worst pile of shit that I have to deal with in my professional life. And they never have the documents and they always complain about being made to produce the documents.
Why? In Ireland? I'm confused.

Damn Delaware incorporated vulture funds buying up repossessed properties and non performing mortgages are the worst pile of shit that I have to deal with in my professional life. And they never have the documents and they always complain about being made to produce the documents.
First off, I know the documents are around here somewhere so if you'd just relax I will find them. They're probably under that pile of goat carcasses over there...
Second off, sometimes it takes a minute to ascertain just what it is you want, as you Welsh are very difficult to understand.

Last edited:
Back