Definitive Audiophile pressings

Do any of y'all have the MOV or Legacy cut of Robert Johnson King Of The Delta Blues? It's the same plates, but just curious about sound.

EDIT- and an addendum to this question. Does anyone know what European pressing plant has these same label rings as United? This is a EU press, but the label looks like United, but it uses the MOV plates. I've looked through RTI, RI, MPO, Optimal and Pallas and none of them have the rings that I can see...
View attachment 126532

Also no I don't know why in gods name they decided to press a Robert Johnson blues album from 1936 on turquoise vinyl.
No I don't like it either but there isn't a black version.
Yes okay fine there is a MOV black version from years ago but I'm not going to go looking specifically for that black vinyl one simply because the turquoise is stupid AF.
Yes it bothers me but I'm not going to waste my time trying to find the other o-OKAY FINE FINE I'LL TRY TO FIND THE OTHER ONE OMG YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS
I gotta pick one of these up.

Do any of y'all have the MOV or Legacy cut of Robert Johnson King Of The Delta Blues? It's the same plates, but just curious about sound.

EDIT- and an addendum to this question. Does anyone know what European pressing plant has these same label rings as United? This is a EU press, but the label looks like United, but it uses the MOV plates. I've looked through RTI, RI, MPO, Optimal and Pallas and none of them have the rings that I can see...
View attachment 126532

Also no I don't know why in gods name they decided to press a Robert Johnson blues album from 1936 on turquoise vinyl.
Yes okay fine there is a MOV black version from years ago but I'm not going to go looking specifically for that black vinyl one simply because the turquoise is stupid AF.
Yes it bothers me but I'm not going to waste my time trying to find the other o-OKAY FINE FINE I'LL TRY TO FIND THE OTHER ONE OMG YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS

I gotta pick one of these up.
Also I am cheering for you here

Yes but more importantly that you get the answers you seek
Hahaha thank you friend..I bought it and I'll spin it on Saturday. So we shall see. I suspect it will be good but there will likely be a lot of noise on the masters as a result of it being recorded in 1936. So I'm not expecting miracles but hopefully it's decent.

Hahaha thank you friend..I bought it and I'll spin it on Saturday. So we shall see. I suspect it will be good but there will likely be a lot of noise on the masters as a result of it being recorded in 1936. So I'm not expecting miracles but hopefully it's decent.
Let us know how it sounds. I'm sure there's lots of noise. Every version I've ever heard had some. Still that's one record I need to pick up.

View attachment 126532

Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Turquoise Singers.

Mentioned this a week or so ago, but just got this one last night and it's pretty awesome.

The studio it was recorded at is located directly above Record Industry in the netherlands. They have done a whole series now of recording single-take albums directly to acetate. Then they walk it downstairs to RI and press it up. It's a pretty great sounding record. OOS it seems in a lot of places but I'd recommend it if you see it! They have done a few other artists in this series too.

View attachment 126532

Sound on this one is amazing - and then I saw the prices it's going for now. Must be the best Robert Johnson has ever sounded though

Sound on this one is amazing - and then I saw the prices it's going for now. Must be the best Robert Johnson has ever sounded though

I’ve got the RSD version of this. Really like it. Sounds great and nice overall package/design. Looked it up after Mather posted. I was shocked at the price also.

Thanks guys, I had not heard of that comp. Out of reach now but very cool.

Next question. Have any of you compared the Muddy Waters Folk Singer AP 33 to the 45?

Next question. Have any of you compared the Muddy Waters Folk Singer AP 33 to the 45?

I’ve got the AP33 and didn’t really feel the need to get 45rpm version. Sounds great. I did breakdown and preordered OneStep MoFi.

I have both the 33 and 45. Truth be told, I will probably never spin the 45 again. I cant really tell a huge difference in sound quality between the two on my setup and the 45 literally has about 6 to 7 minutes of music per side. SOOOO much unused vinyl. Might as well listen while standing next to your turntable because by the time you sit down, you'll be up again to flip the record.

Edit: I'll add, the first copy of the 45 I received was quite noisy. AS ended up sending me a replacement of both discs because I couldn't get them to clean up no matter how many baths I gave the records. Didn't have noise issues with the 33.

Last edited:
I have both the 33 and 45. Truth be told, I will probably never spin the 45 again. I cant really tell a huge difference in sound quality between the two on my setup and the 45 literally has about 6 to 7 minutes of music per side. SOOOO much unused vinyl. Might as well listen while standing next to your turntable because by the time you sit down, you'll be up again to flip the record.
This is all I needed. I have the 33 and it's up there with the best sounding albums in my collection and I honestly wasn't sure how much better it could really be. If the takeaway is "slightly but it's 7 minutes a side" I'll stick with the 33. I found the 45 of Brubeck Time Out beat out the 33 by enough that it was worth it. But I'll give this one a miss.

This is all I needed. I have the 33 and it's up there with the best sounding albums in my collection and I honestly wasn't sure how much better it could really be. If the takeaway is "slightly but it's 7 minutes a side" I'll stick with the 33. I found the 45 of Brubeck Time Out beat out the 33 by enough that it was worth it. But I'll give this one a miss.
Your setup is definitely better than mine, so you may notice more of an audible difference.

But I do recall when I first opened the 45 rpm version and I was inspecting the discs, I was kind of shocked at how little was pressed to each record. My immediate reaction was, "ugh...I should have bought the 33."

I ended up purchasing the 33 rpm version months later (once it was repressed) because I love the album but I just didn't find myself listening to the 45 because I didn't want to be bothered flipping it so frequently. Totally kills the vibe for me. I don't mind other 45 rpm records I own, but this Muddy seemed like too much of a "workout" to simply enjoy the music. Granted most of the 45 rpm albums I own have at least 12 - 15 minutes per side.

Back