Definitive Audiophile pressings

Welp going to have to pick that up. All of the massive attack reissues have been pretty great imo.

Edit: absolutely not at those prices!
Reaaallly wish I had bought this one of the ten times I had it in my hands... As it is now over $100 for any copy...

I was fortunate to catch on as it was going out of print, I remember I couldn’t find it anywhere online out of nowhere and sensed copies were drying up fast. Was able to find the last copy on cogs around the $40-$50 mark. Excellent packaging, hefty hefty gatefold, great texture, and big sound! One of my better ear-to-the-ground vinyl moments, I’m sure it’ll be back in print eventually

I was fortunate to catch on as it was going out of print, I remember I couldn’t find it anywhere online out of nowhere and sensed copies were drying up fast. Was able to find the last copy on cogs around the $40-$50 mark. Excellent packaging, hefty hefty gatefold, great texture, and big sound! One of my better ear-to-the-ground vinyl moments, I’m sure it’ll be back in print eventually
I remember when you were looking for and found this! It's a fantastic overall package though the "glitter" gets all over. Underrated gem in their catalog.

I’d actually say it’s more that they make the album and put all their craft and attention into that and after that they just aren’t involved. It’s made and they’re onto the next thing, it’s not even in their consciousness.
For most of the musicians I know -- and the handful that had any moderate success -- they don't own that great of gear (spending money on instruments, recording vs stereo, speakers) or have as much time to "sit and listen". They are on the road, or gigging with friends, and at home the music the put on is just a bridge to the next time they get to actually play.

(Which yes, always feels weird that you would out that much of your heart into creating something and then not care about the difference the sound quality might make, but...🤷‍♂️)

Yeah I agree but then not releasing that box broke out individually and the way her whole catalogue has almost been ignored is sad. I’ve had to scrabble around second hand and go to Japanese sellers for so many great records that should be more readily available. That’s not to mention her later stuff which is just does exist at all on vinyl. A similar lacuna exists for swathes of Van Morrison too.
Speaking of per-covid era Van Morrison -- does anyone have guidance on which Tupelo Honey is awesome?

Speaking of per-covid era Van Morrison -- does anyone have guidance on which Tupelo Honey is awesome?

Honestly finding one of these is part of the battle. I’ve one ever seen one irl, it was slightly overpriced and still I bought it as quickly as I could! It does sound great though. This is the one I have.

Honestly finding one of these is part of the battle. I’ve one ever seen one irl, it was slightly overpriced and still I bought it as quickly as I could! It does sound great though. This is the one I have.

The difference in feeling between my hope level clicking the discogs link....the silent "oh....," and quietly clicking "add to want list"

(Thanks 👍)

Yeah this one was not an easy get. I know @MikeH picked up a used one too last time he was visiting the Uk. Perhaps his is a different version and he’ll share that too if it’s good!
Yep! I got this copy when I was in the UK:

Looks like I paid $8 for it. Will have to give it a listen when I’m home but remember it sounding pretty good. I saw a nice copy the other week for a decent price and should have just picked it up for somebody here. Next time I see one in the wild, I’ll just buy it and get it to someone here.

I've nearly picked this up a few times, but didn't. I expect it will be pressed again shortly, now that Blue Lines and Mezzanine has been repressed. I will get it this time round.

Just to show what can be done with digital recordings from the 90's the BG mastered reissue of Kruder & Dorfmeister sounds fantastic.

I've nearly picked this up a few times, but didn't. I expect it will be pressed again shortly, now that Blue Lines and Mezzanine has been repressed. I will get it this time round.

Just to show what can be done with digital recordings from the 90's the BG mastered reissue of Kruder & Dorfmeister sounds fantastic.
I did see a “restock coming soon” note from a UK shop (might have been Norman?) so hope it’ll be back soon!

As we've drifted from One -step to audiophile, to decent releases. The early Ride back catalogue has just been put up for pre-order. I'm slightly nervous, but should be hopeful, about the accompanying comment, "All the original audio has been reworked and refined" (it might end up being the definitive pressing)

Yep! I got this copy when I was in the UK:

Looks like I paid $8 for it. Will have to give it a listen when I’m home but remember it sounding pretty good. I saw a nice copy the other week for a decent price and should have just picked it up for somebody here. Next time I see one in the wild, I’ll just buy it and get it to someone here.
I have this one and it sounds pretty good.

I saw one in a flip video at one of the local shops here. Do t see this one often. If I can find it, I’ll grab it for someone here as well.

Back