Definitive Audiophile pressings

😳
Hmmm, I might have posted this in a different thread

guys, any idea what may be causing what sounds like static after a US cleaning + vacuum? Since most of my records are new, I am washing them with distilled water only. I'm definitely doing something wrong since the records were near dead quiet before the cleaning.

guys, any idea what may be causing what sounds like static after a US cleaning + vacuum? Since most of my records are new, I am washing them with distilled water only. I'm definitely doing something wrong since the records were near dead quiet before the cleaning.
You making sure they are completely dry before playing them?

C730B3A0-74A9-4F81-AE80-780CEEC67982.jpeg

E436EEB4-23C4-4F4E-A169-DDF53441C237.jpeg

Near Mint (-) returned

And….

1ACC33D9-B911-4517-A216-70E51FC77EF6.jpeg

34C6CB63-449B-4B54-B4F4-8670B3CAE275.jpeg

NM(-) returned.

Response……

“Thanks for sending the photo. I've included the 'Near Mint-' description from our website below. If you feel the record is graded incorrectly once you've listened to it - definitely let us know. Our NM- descriptions says:
Near Mint - (minus)
  • Black vinyl that may show a slight amount of dust or dirt.
  • Should still be very shiny under a light, even with slight amount of dust on surface.
  • One or two small marks that would make an otherwise near perfect record slightly less so. These marks cannot be too deep, and should only be surface marks that won't affect play, but might detract from the looks.
  • May have some flaws and discoloration in the vinyl, but only those that would be intrinsic to the pressing. These should disappear when the record is tilted under the light, and will only show up when looking straight at the record. (Buddah and ABC pressings from the 70's are a good example of this.)
  • May have some slight marks from aging of the paper sleeve on the vinyl.
  • Possible minor surface noise when played.

🤔. These are just two separate examples of several from the same store. They were both in worse shape than the vinyl I was trying to replace. I sent em both back.

Back