Definitive Audiophile pressings

I always order online and use a cc for payment.
The only issue I've had with them was the Dead stock but that was a pipedream anyway.
Their issues are that the inventory does not line up in real time. For most purchases, it does not matter. What matters is when something is limited stock and gets posted. I've had a few cancellations over the years. Their inventory system is archaic and completely unacceptable in this day and age. Other than the Dead issue where they took way too long to issue refunds, they're usually quick to realize their fuckups.

Their issues are that the inventory does not line up in real time. For most purchases, it does not matter. What matters is when something is limited stock and gets posted. I've had a few cancellations over the years. Their inventory system is archaic and completely unacceptable in this day and age. Other than the Dead issue where they took way too long to issue refunds, they're usually quick to realize their fuckups.
Probably could use that digital step up about now.

a
When did you place your order? I called to check on my order. It still says pending and the lady said I may not get it because they forgot to enter the order.

To top that off, one of my friends was able to secure their last two copies for himself on the phone this morning.

If mine gets cancelled because they fucked up, it’s not going to be a nice phone call.
ordered around 8PM on saturday. refunded and cancelled today.

Anyone attempting to order any of the other BN 45s?
John Patton / Along Came John
Johnny Griffin / Introducing Johnny Griffin
Dizzy Reece / Soundin' Off

I'll see if my lucky streak continues...

Anyone attempting to order any of the other BN 45s?
John Patton / Along Came John
Johnny Griffin / Introducing Johnny Griffin
Dizzy Reece / Soundin' Off

I'll see if my lucky streak continues...
I'm skipping all the others they have since I strongly prefer the 33 format over the 45. And I have some of those albums already in other formats (have the Classic Records cut of Soundin Off which is great).

I should have never started listening to jazz... haha
The good thing is that it's really hard to beat the prices of the Tone Poets + BN Classics + the AS Verve + Contemporary reissues. The MMJs are great too but as I said I prefer 33 and the 33 MMJs are long gone/insane prices.

I was looking up some of my old BN APs today and the prices on discogs have gotten absolutely insane. Some of the Grant Green stuff is selling for $400+ now.

The good thing is that it's really hard to beat the prices of the Tone Poets + BN Classics + the AS Verve + Contemporary reissues. The MMJs are great too but as I said I prefer 33 and the 33 MMJs are long gone/insane prices.

I was looking up some of my old BN APs today and the prices on discogs have gotten absolutely insane. Some of the Grant Green stuff is selling for $400+ now.
Yeah, I was spinning the two Henderson BNCs this AM.
Picked both up for a total of $25 and they are just incredible.
I am afraid it's going to even reach higher insanity after the Mofi debacle.
AAA mania

More people might actaully start listening to the Blue Notes and be like holy shit!

You weren't kidding! If you're looking for this title @MikeH , I'll sell my copy to you below Discogs prices. ;)

Screenshot_2022-08-08-16-47-44.png

Back