Definitive Audiophile pressings

I grabbed a really nice play copy yellow label of Second Helping a while ago. Very impressed with the sound. Haven't heard the AP 45 yet but this yellow label recording is as good as everyone talks about and I'm fairly content.

Rolling the cogs dice for a S/T. $35
It was a radio copy so not sure if that's a positive or negative.

I grabbed a really nice play copy yellow label of Second Helping a while ago. Very impressed with the sound. Haven't heard the AP 45 yet but this yellow label recording is as good as everyone talks about and I'm fairly content.

The AP is crispy. Of course, probably due to the 45. Sure would be nice to not get up twice as much though.

The APs are extremely impressive. I haven’t heard OGs though to compare. I ended up getting the APs for good deals (got the self titled for $35) but definitely would prefer a 33. They were really well recorded albums so not shocked the OG sounds great!

The AP is crispy. Of course, probably due to the 45. Sure would be nice to not get up twice as much though.
We all have 45 demons we battle.
For classic jazz, I turn my head. Classic rock is difficult to break up the album. It's really a hard conversation. No easy answer except a mint OG 90% of the time.

As a matter of fact, I'll be in Muscle Shoals next week and I need to finally stop in the museum.

Usually going through when it's closed but will try to find a day they are open.
Look for that one Cher album if they have any on display. I sold one to a lady who was connected with them.

Last edited:
Hopefully not a repost… don’t @ me! View attachment 149182
I, for one, am glad they are using an accurate image of a record being played. Everyone knows that the proper way to get audiophile-grade tracking is to firmly press the top of the cartridge down into the grooves so it properly engages. In fact, it looks like we caught this turntabilist doing the oft-overlooked inner-groove repress so as to get rid of any IGD.

Back