Political Discussion

He deserves it, but also fuck them for loving this dude for murdering someone and only turning on him the second he questions Ol' Pumpkinhead.
Yep, for the past four years he's been their hero for "protecting himself (and property) against the crazy Antifa" or whatever. But now that he says he won't vote for that orange douchepickle, he's all of sudden bad? I hope they all step on Lego's forever.

The Democrat bull shit begins. Now Harris doesn't support banning fracking. The fuck is wrong with these people.

They all say what they need to say to get elected.

The last president that was truly virtuous was Jimmy Carter and people reviled Jimmy Carter (as president, I think almost everyone thinks he was an outstanding human).

They all say what they need to say to get elected.

The last president that was truly virtuous was Jimmy Carter and people reviled Jimmy Carter (as president, I think almost everyone thinks he was an outstanding human).
I think it's bad advice thinking this will help get her elected. It turns off far more people than it turns on. It's not an industry that employees copious amounts of people. It's a big oil/gas thing, not a voter thing.

I think it's bad advice thinking this will help get her elected. It turns off far more people than it turns on. It's not an industry that employees copious amounts of people. It's a big oil/gas thing, not a voter thing.
I trust they have the numbers and the internals show that it helps her in places like central PA more than it hurts her to claim she is not be anti-fracking. Which is different than being pro-fracking.

She can “evolve” on the topic like Obama did with gay marriage.

I thought that data was flawed?
Polling data on who is gonna win the election is definitively flawed.

This is not that and maybe she is working off flawed data there too, who knows, but I would suspect that the numbers aren’t particularly close if she is willing to shift positions in a way that will most likely get her labeled a flip flopper and similarly to the assault weapons ban, most workers non-union workers in the industry were probably already and continue supporting Trump.

So my assumption would be it’s better for her just to work off Joe Biden’s fracking policies than lean heavy on being anti-fracking.

I could be wrong. I honestly am not that worried about it from a political standpoint (super worried from a global warming water catching on fire standpoint). I think if she were to become president there would be less fracking and more environmental safe guards than if the Trump administration were in office.

Polling data on who is gonna win the election is definitively flawed.

This is not that and maybe she is working off flawed data there too, who knows, but I would suspect that the numbers aren’t particularly close if she is willing to shift positions in a way that will most likely get her labeled a flip flopper and similarly to the assault weapons ban, most workers non-union workers in the industry were probably already and continue supporting Trump.

So my assumption would be it’s better for her just to work off Joe Biden’s fracking policies than lean heavy on being anti-fracking.

I could be wrong. I honestly am not that worried about it from a political standpoint (super worried from a global warming water catching on fire standpoint). I think if she were to become president there would be less fracking and more environmental safe guards than if the Trump administration were in office.
It's literally the exact same kind of data and questions. And she didn't have to make it an issue at all. She's the one who suddenly announced a changed position and made it into an issue. It's not just Pennsylvania that this impacts. Many communities in many states have been impacted by it. And let's stop with the whole Trump would be worse. That's a given but doesn't mean that the Dems shouldn't be pushed or can do whatever they want just because it's less bad. Bad policies no matter what they are or who they are from should be called out. This is why so many independents who lean Dem don't bother going to the polls. Every election it's the same lines over and over again. Can't talk about the issue because we just need to win the election. And then it's the next election. And so on for our whole life. They need some frickin backbone and to stop going after these special interests just because some advisor wants the money.

It's literally the exact same kind of data and questions. And she didn't have to make it an issue at all. She's the one who suddenly announced a changed position and made it into an issue. It's not just Pennsylvania that this impacts. Many communities in many states have been impacted by it. And let's stop with the whole Trump would be worse. That's a given but doesn't mean that the Dems shouldn't be pushed or can do whatever they want just because it's less bad. Bad policies no matter what they are or who they are from should be called out. This is why so many independents who lean Dem don't bother going to the polls. Every election it's the same lines over and over again. Can't talk about the issue because we just need to win the election. And then it's the next election. And so on for our whole life. They need some frickin backbone and to stop going after these special interests just because some advisor wants the money.
I think fracking is bad and people should hold her to account. I also can understand why choosing someone like Josh Shapiro and publicly softening her stance on fracking may help her politically.

I would rather be angry at a President Kamala Harris that won PA and is soft on fracking than happy with former Vice President Kamala Harris who took a hardline and lost to Trump.

If you think that a hardline stance gets her elected, that’s completely valid. I will say most of the Democrats that have won statewide office in PA have been more muted/soft on the subject and it would rationalize that she would fare better by following their approach.

Last edited:
This one doesn't even have him in the top 10. Going to depend on who you ask.

My point is that within the state he is still more popular than most.

I think pretty much all the names floated on her shortlist are fine. The Veep doesn’t matter all that much as is more of a political surrogate than anything. She just needs to pick someone that even out the ticket and Shapiro would be fine if that’s who she chooses. I bet almost every VP candidate on their list is soft on fracking.

Back