Political Discussion

Even as a jaded leftist, it's hard not to feel a lil optimistic with this dude involved. Are any of the biggest problems with the world or country anywhere closer to being fixed than they were yesterday? No. Are climate change and fascism still full steam ahead? Yes. Has my perspective really changed all that much? No.

But all this to say, it'll be nice to see Vance get stuffed in his fucking loser face, and Donald throw a shit fit, hopefully for the final time when he loses again.

Even as a jaded leftist, it's hard not to feel a lil optimistic with this dude involved. Are any of the biggest problems with the world or country anywhere closer to being fixed than they were yesterday? No. Are climate change and fascism still full steam ahead? Yes. Has my perspective really changed all that much? No.

But all this to say, it'll be nice to see Vance get stuffed in his fucking loser face, and Donald throw a shit fit, hopefully for the final time when he loses again.
Yes, I don't feel things are just going to change overnight but if Kamala and Walz can get in you might see some actual progressive policies enacted. Walz can sell how to go green to the masses. He's doing it in Minnesota with the pledge to switch to sustainable sources of energy. Of course you'll get pushback from the right but Walz can put a human face on why we need policies to change. Like he said before, if the worst thing the right wants to say about him is he helped ensure school children in his state get fed then he'll gladly take whatever label they want to throw at him. These shouldn't be things people find weird or negative. Yeah, parents should feed their kids but you can either stick your head in the sand or you can realize sometimes we just need to help kids regardless of their circumstances or what "should" be happening in their lives. He's an appeal to basic human decency.

I'm not jaded enough to think we're past that point of being able to come back from the cliff. We've always straddled that line but I think Trump is a blip in time. He appeals to the base nature of people. That's incredibly draining to a lot of people. I think we'll find people are tired of this MAGA mentality. It's just grievance after grievance. There's no positivity. No desire to make things better. Being angry all the time just saps your life force. It's all about a return to a time people thought was ideal. It was idea for white, Christian males. That's it.

Last edited:
Yes, I don't feel things are just going to change overnight but if Kamala and Walz can get in you might see some actual progressive policies enacted. Walz can sell how to go green to the masses. He's doing it in Minnesota with the pledge to switch to sustainable sources of energy. Of course you'll get pushback from the right but Walz can put a human face on why we need policies to change. Like he said before, if the worst thing the right wants to say about him is he helped ensure school children in his state get fed then he'll gladly take whatever label they want to throw at him. These shouldn't be things people find weird or negative. Yeah, parents should feed their kids but you can either stick your head in the sand or you can realize sometimes we just need to help kids regardless of their circumstances or what "should" be happening in their lives. He's an appeal to basic human decency.

I'm not jaded enough to think we're past that point of being able to come back from the cliff. We've always straddled that line but I think Trump is a blip in time. He appeals to the base nature of people. That's incredibly draining to a lot of people. I think we'll find people are tired of this MAGA mentality. It's just grievance after grievance. There's no positivity. No desire to make things better. Being angry all the time just saps your life force. It's all about a return to a time people thought was ideal. It was idea for white, Christian males. That's it.
My concerns lie more with the US as an apparatus for misery worldwide. Most of the bullshit in the middle east, south america, etc is our fault. Our place in the UN is basically preventing good shit from happening worldwide. And I'll never be fully convinced that the Dem party will ever shake the self-enriching, status quo allegations. Even as Nancy is getting lauded for orchestrating all of this, she and her husband are still insider trading and worth over 100 mil. Their idleness is largely why we're in this mess to begin with, and it's hard to believe they would really change and upset their money or power sources to enact true good.

But Walz, at least outwardly, seems like a normal, decent man, so maybe we can budge an inch towards something that doesn't suck for us and everyone else. But then again you probably have to have some kind of sociopathy or narcissism to be that close to the presidency, so who knows lol I'm trying here.

My concerns lie more with the US as an apparatus for misery worldwide. Most of the bullshit in the middle east, south america, etc is our fault. Our place in the UN is basically preventing good shit from happening worldwide. And I'll never be fully convinced that the Dem party will ever shake the self-enriching, status quo allegations. Even as Nancy is getting lauded for orchestrating all of this, she and her husband are still insider trading and worth over 100 mil. Their idleness is largely why we're in this mess to begin with, and it's hard to believe they would really change and upset their money or power sources to enact true good.

But Walz, at least outwardly, seems like a normal, decent man, so maybe we can budge an inch towards something that doesn't suck for us and everyone else. But then again you probably have to have some kind of sociopathy or narcissism to be that close to the presidency, so who knows lol I'm trying here.
If you’re gonna focus that broadly than your might as well go all the way. Your issue shouldn’t be with the US. The bigger problem is with humanity and the cruel selfish nature of life itself. If The US wasn’t doing terrible shit, the terrible shit wouldn’t just go away. Terrible shit happened before America or civilization even existed and will continue long after America has ceased to be.

The best we can do is the best we can do. Try to take care of our friends, family, and loved ones and try not be assholes to everyone else.

Tim Walz seems like a good guy. It’s alright to feel good about that.

Last edited:
Back