Political Discussion

Which is oart of the GOP calculus. You guys seem smart enough to tackle home schooling... though as a former educator, I'd still argue that homeschooling is awful for kids developmentally... but most idiots that homeschool their children,

Well have you seen the film Dogtooth?
No, I haven’t.

Development is the one thing we worry about but we will find extracurricular like stuff for her to do to get her with other kids.

It's his breakthrough but I think he has 2 earlier movies.

Apparently you are right. He has two not particularly well received films that I didn't realize existed. They are obscure enough that they are below a bunch of his short films on Letterbox.

I saw Dogtooth my first year of film school and was like "who is this fucking dude, not since Being John Malkovich / Charlie Kaufman have a been so taken aback by a film". Then he put out Alps which was meh and I thought I had miscalculated on his genius.

Everything since though, has shown him to be my favorite modern director (with apologies to Villenue). And yet, Dogtooth still may be my favorite of his work.

Last edited:
Earlier this week we were on the stretch of Kentucky Interstate that was closed today due to random shootings of seven people. I’m so fucking sick of “facts of life” killings in America and the Republican cult is so responsible for this insanity. VOTE, please!!!
Edit: shooter is suspected to be another white non-immigrant male that has a gun, issues and backing from tRump politics. Fucking insanity in this country.

Last edited:

Her pain is real and her words are from the heart and so meaningful. We are on Tybee Island, GA dealing with a family death and were in a restaurant last night listening to an old man heatedly telling his wife she couldn’t vote for Harris because she was totally responsible for California banning plastic straws. I’m too old to get in peoples faces for this sort of crap but he was so aggravated and aggrieved that I was waiting for him to raise a hand towards his wife. I’m glad that didn’t occur but it truly seemed like a possibility. People are crazed these days. VOTE!

Earlier this week we were on the stretch of Kentucky Interstate that was closed today due to random shootings of seven people. I’m so fucking sick of “facts of life” killings in America and the Republican cult is so responsible for this insanity. VOTE, please!!!
Edit: shooter is suspected to be another white non-immigrant male that has a gun, issues and backing from tRump politics. Fucking insanity in this country.
Mass shooting on the highway there. Looks like there was a shooting on the highway in Colorado outside of Boulder the other day too. And the shooting at the school in Baltimore barely made the news. It seems to take a half second break to all the other madness and then like dominoes the shootings start again.

Mass shooting on the highway there. Looks like there was a shooting on the highway in Colorado outside of Boulder the other day too. And the shooting at the school in Baltimore barely made the news. It seems to take a half second break to all the other madness and then like dominoes the shootings start again.
Just this past week we had a guy suffering some sort of paranoid break driving down I-5 and shooting at dozens of cars. Thankfully no one was killed though two were seriously injured. When the State Patrol finally caught up to him and arrested him he said he was being followed by people attempting to steal his identity and he was shooting at cars to get them to back off.

His friend had let him borrow a gun “for protection”.

Back