Political Discussion

Why would you write letters to your representatives if you didn't vote? If you aren't voting then you are part of the problem.
Imagine what this country would look like if all of the people who don't vote actually voted.
My point was it depends on your engagement otherwise. I’ve certainly written letters to congressmen that I didn’t vote for because they represented me. If you aren’t voting because neither candidate is acceptable to you as a candidate, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t engage with them if you actually care about shit.

Always found this take kind of weird. You could also frame it like you can't complain IF you vote. Like the candidates showed you who they were and that's ehat you wanted right?

And I have always found that people who don't vote weird especially at the local level. I know there are millions of people who believe that voting doesn't make their lives any different but what IF all those people DID vote.

I still think this is giving Biden too much credit. He could end it tomorrow with a call. Nowadays it's pretty well-accepted that Nixon and Kissinger are mostly responsible for Cambodia and Bangladesh, so why kick that can down the road?

Always found this take kind of weird. You could also frame it like you can't complain IF you vote. Like the candidates showed you who they were and that's ehat you wanted right?

Going to have to start getting creative because the Earth is not going to withstand much more of what America is cooking.
Maybe. I don’t necessarily think Biden is your typical bad political dude. I think he’s basically a good dude, much like Carter, and that’s not playing well in our current political climate. I also think he’s old and I think this is a hella complex problem. He probably would have been better able to deal with it twenty years ago.

I did write him and tell him to turn down the rhetoric about antisemitism and that I think he was wrong about all the protests. That wanting the war to end and civilians in Gaza to not die was not the same as hating Jews.

And I have always found that people who don't vote weird especially at the local level. I know there are millions of people who believe that voting doesn't make their lives any different but what IF all those people DID vote.
That’s the grift. Society keeps pushing the notion that voting doesn’t matter but if people actually did vote it absolutely would matter. They want people to become disillusioned with the process. The less engagement the slower society progresses. There are ebbs and flows to all of this but if you duck out of the process completely it’s like a snake eating its own tail.

That’s the grift. Society keeps pushing the notion that voting doesn’t matter but if people actually did vote it absolutely would matter. They want people to become disillusioned with the process. The less engagement the slower society progresses. There are ebbs and flows to all of this but if you duck out of the process completely it’s like a snake eating its own tail.

I know I am being optimistic, especially in this country, but I feel like in countries that have the highest voter turnout(in fair elections) the people greatly benefit.

Who knew yelling fire in a crowded theater for 9 years straight would make a lot of people really really not like you. He’s the high school bully who goes around talking shit to everyone and then gets upset when he gets punched in the mouth.

What bugs me about this is the lack of faith in the secret service. Errors or not, they’ve done their jobs, he’s still fucking alive.

Back