Political Discussion

He let our country come this side of a military state. Netanyahu is his buddy. Neither party is going to let Israel fall. One side is not going to let the fucker do whatever he wants.

It isn’t about making Isreal fall, it’s about holding them accountable for their actions or at the very least not aiding them in perpetuating them.

What part of the last year hasn’t been Isreal doing exactly the fuck it wants? Seriously? Where is line? Because it doesn’t appear to be genocide and I don’t know quite how much lower you can go than that?

They already have the most sophisticated missle targeting system in the world. We're just flushing money for shigs with this.
My point was more that we should be applying the technology to protect others (Gaza, Ukraine, Lebanon, etc…) I know that is unlikely to happen unfortunately.

There are plenty of Israelis who don’t agree with their government either and they don’t deserve to die from Iranian missiles attacks.

We're not seriously pinning the start of this conflict on Trump right?

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, he is *literally* doing whatever he wants right now. However concerned the white house pretends they are, they are not standing in his way.
correct. Netanyahu has alway been at fault for this, the most recent iteration anyways, but this shit has been going on for a long time ass time before Trump or Biden were president.

The Israelis are going whatever they want now but direct Americans involvement would likely make things much worse, correct?

correct. Netanyahu has alway been at fault for this, the most recent iteration but this shit has been going on for a long time ass time before Trump or Biden were president.

The Israelis are going whatever they want now but direct Americans involvement would likely make things much worse, correct?

What do you mean by “direct American involvement” because let’s be honest that suggests boots on the ground and there isn’t a person on this planet that is in favour of that in any iteration imaginable. Plus it’s never happing with such a close ally.

We’re talking money and weapons supply. America is the only country with even the remotest of abilities to say anything nearly crotcial to Isreal and it having the merest possibility of sticking, because you arm them. So stop arming them, or at least threaten to. Make them consider that they might have to face some form of backlash for carpet boming a trapped population for more than a year.

What do you mean by “direct American involvement” because let’s be honest that suggests boots on the ground and there isn’t a person on this planet that is in favour of that in any iteration imaginable. Plus it’s never happing with such a close ally.

We’re talking money and weapons supply. America is the only country with even the remotest of abilities to say anything nearly crotcial to Isreal and it having the merest possibility of sticking, because you arm them. So stop arming them, or at least threaten to. Make them consider that they might have to face some form of backlash for carpet boming a trapped population for more than a year.
Cool, how do I, as an American citizen, who lives in a country that is arming Israel stop the government from arming them?

That decision is ultimately made by our elected officials. We have two candidates running for the highest political office in the land. We can vote for one or the other. Not voting is not an option. What should I do?

Cool, how do I, as an American citizen, who lives in a country that is arming Israel stop the government from arming them?

That decision is ultimately made by our elected officials. We have two candidates running for the highest political office in the land. We can vote for one or the other. Not voting is not an option. What should I do?

The same thing anyone should do. Pressure your government. Protest things that you see as being manifestly wrong. Support pressure groups that advocate in your favour. And more than anything else? Campaign fucking finance reform. Every American that isn’t a billionaire should make highlighting and putting pressure that their number one goal.

The same thing anyone should do. Pressure your government. Protest things that you see as being manifestly wrong. Support pressure groups that advocate in your favour. And more than anything else? Campaign fucking finance reform. Every American that isn’t a billionaire should make highlighting and putting pressure that their number one goal.
A lot of have and will continue to do these things. We will also likely vote for Harris too because it’s the only viable option.

A lot of have and will continue to do these things. We will also likely vote for Harris too because it’s the only viable option.

It’s actually the only option because your system is fundamentally broken and largely because of almost unrestricted money in politics. I think the word viable is being stretched to its extremis tbh.

You’re not alone, lots of the west is equally fucked up, you’re just a few years ahead of the curve.

A. I am not saying Trump started this. Honestly this shit started in biblical times. Short of nuclear devastation of the region, I don’t ever think it will actually be resolved.

B. I’m sorry that you can’t imagine it being worse. I definitely can. When Netanyahu asks for troops to assist in leveling Gaza, Lebanon and wherever else fuckface wants to take over and Trump gives them, IT WILL ABSOLUTELY BE DEMONSTRABLY WORSE. And for EVERYONE.

I expected to see a ton of Trump flags and yard signs when I visited my mother in rural western Massachusetts this morning. What I was not prepared for today was how much Trump I saw on my drive home so close to home.

A bunch of overpasses on 128/I-95 in the Boston and North Shore area had people standing on them holding up Trump flags and banners to cars passing below on the highway. Lots of people out and about to support Trump.

Also, I saw my first pickup truck in Salem this morning flying a Trump flag. Salem is generally really liberal area, you don't tend to see much of anything Trump related like ever.

The part that has me concerned, is it looks like Trump has a grass roots movement out supporting him. I have yet to see anything like this for Harris.

Apple News just pushed a story from STAT to me. The headline was "Voters Are Saying Yes to Abortion, No to Democrats".

In Red states like Montana where abortion is heavily restricted, the majority of votes, especially women support abortion and women's reproductive rights. But they are not voting for the candidate who is for abortion. For many voters in these states, voting for the Republican candidate they view as the lesser of two evils, and even though the republican candidates are against abortion, that's better than a Democrat.

In the polls, the Democrat candidate for Governor and Senator are lagging seriously behind the Republican candidate in polls and continuing to lose ground.

How can we live in a world where nearly half the population thinks Trump and Republicans are the lesser of two evils.

I expected to see a ton of Trump flags and yard signs when I visited my mother in rural western Massachusetts this morning. What I was not prepared for today was how much Trump I saw on my drive home so close to home.

A bunch of overpasses on 128/I-95 in the Boston and North Shore area had people standing on them holding up Trump flags and banners to cars passing below on the highway. Lots of people out and about to support Trump.

Also, I saw my first pickup truck in Salem this morning flying a Trump flag. Salem is generally really liberal area, you don't tend to see much of anything Trump related like ever.

The part that has me concerned, is it looks like Trump has a grass roots movement out supporting him. I have yet to see anything like this for Harris.
“grassroots” obnoxious MAGA in states like Massachusetts and Washington is nothing to be concerned about. All these groups do this to rile up the vast majority of people in the state that despise Trump. Here we will occasionally see “Trump Parades” which are groups of men with small dicks and giant trucks roll through small town squares being obnoxious and menacing. Some will have people in the back with pellet guns and shoot at people who jeer at them.

These people are hardly organized, their MAGA candidate here was a felon named Semi Byrd. He had several “lets hang flags over I-5 overpasses” events…yet he couldn’t even make it past the primary.

If you read about the organizational strategies for both Harris and Trump you would likely feel much better about the Election Day prospects. Harris as a vigorous “get out the vote” structure in place in every battleground state whereas Trump is per usual being a cheap bastard and farming out his get out the vote campaign to religious groups and organizations that have never done this type of activity before.

Last edited:
Back