Political Discussion

More often then not Reich has a solid bit of if advice for the Dems. He got a bit too caught up in the celebratory anti-Trump moment when there were a lot of dumb takes on the downfall of Republicans that were way too premature. But he's usually on the right economic position for the mainstream Dem core. It's not even a radical one.

I think having an old ass lame duck Biden combined with VP Harris and former president Trump all kinda battling for geo-political clout hinders the ability for anyone to take the hardline stance that needs to be taken. In a perfect world Biden would say fuck it no more aid until a peace deal is reached but Netanyahu would play that off him and use it to get commitments by Trump and even possibly Harris when they are elected.

It’s all pretty fucked up.

I think having an old ass lame duck Biden combined with VP Harris and former president Trump all kinda battling for geo-political clout hinders the ability for anyone to take the hardline stance that needs to be taken. In a perfect world Biden would say fuck it no more aid until a peace deal is reached but Netanyahu would play that off him and use it to get commitments by Trump and even possibly Harris when they are elected.

Trump playing sideline foreign relations is against the law, but you'd never know it with a Congress full of traitors to the Constitution.

More often then not Reich has a solid bit of if advice for the Dems. He got a bit too caught up in the celebratory anti-Trump moment when there were a lot of dumb takes on the downfall of Republicans that were way too premature. But he's usually on the right economic position for the mainstream Dem core. It's not even a radical one.
Purely from a political standpoint James Carville is similarly on point with what Dems should do.

Purely from a political standpoint James Carville is similarly on point with what Dems should do.
It really is telling who she listens to for advice. I don't get the Walz pick for VP if she's not going to strike a tone that keeps the fire going with that pick up to the election. It stalled out a bit. Even just letting him go ham and talk about his positions would give her an arm length to not do anything with them in office, but they're so obsessed with the disaffected conservative that they refuse to commit. And crazy thing is that those conservatives are actually generally in favor of a little economic populism. The number of dumb ass young men who say they're voting Trump because of the COVID stimulus money is too damn high.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant by you'd never know it. He's out there doing as he damn well pleases. I've read about the Nixon and Reagan mucking about, but hard to know without being an adult paying attention then how out in the open it all was to the public.

We're really a country of buffoons.

Absolutely. I do believe if Trump is elected there could be a pretty quick ceasefire to give Trump a political win. I totally think this could be akin to Reagan screwing over Carter back in the day.

Absolutely. I do believe if Trump is elected there could be a pretty quick ceasefire to give Trump a political win. I totally think this could be akin to Reagan screwing over Carter back in the day.

There isn’t going to be a ceasefire in Isreal without their hand being forced. Nehenyatu is a hostage to the extreme right elements of his coalition that got him into power. The only way he can hold onto that power is by appeasing them and waging never ending war. He pulls back now, his government collapses and he loses a great deal of the protection he has against the consequences of the scores of terrible things he’s done.

Last edited:
He is a fucking idiot, addled with dementia and drug induced brain rot. How anyone could even consider voting for this orange asshole convict with swiss cheese for a brain is beyond me.

Oh, and @Twentytwo, I live in a very very very red county in NJ. I was pleasantly surprised that it went for Biden in 2020, but disappointed that all down ballot repubs won. So, my vote doesn't count, but I'll never not vote.

Was out in the yard with my dog last week and something caught my eye - one of my trumper neighbors put out a tfg 2024 flag that was blowing in the gusty wind. Makes me sick.

ETA: headline from article

Here’s how Donald Trump would lower grocery prices​

In his own words.

Last edited:
at least you're improving their meager chances.

My county used to be in the same district as Nashville but that district got gerrymandered bad in 2022, now all of Nashville and the surrounding counties are represented by Republicans. The Senate race and the Presidency go without saying. One of Tennessee's most popular governors and an extreme moderate at that lost to Marsha Blackburn by 11 percentage points in 2018. I don't expect Gloria Johnson to do even that well.

He is a fucking idiot, addled with dementia and drug induced brain rot. How anyone could even consider voting for this orange asshole convict with swiss cheese for a brain is beyond me.

Oh, and @Twentytwo, I live in a very very very red county in NJ. I was pleasantly surprised that it went for Biden in 2020, but disappointed that all down ballot repubs won. So, my vote doesn't count, but I'll never not vote.

Was out in the yard with my dog last week and something caught my eye - one of my trumper neighbors put out a tfg 2024 flag that was blowing in the gusty wind. Makes me sick.

ETA: headline from article

Here’s how Donald Trump would lower grocery prices​

In his own words.

Footnote three is possibly my favorite footnote of all time.

Back