Political Discussion

Evidently the hospital was the breaking point as Biden is threatening to cut off arms unless Netanyahu stops his bullshit.
A 30-day window—after the election—allows them to pretend to be tough on Netanyahu while allowing the genocide to continue in the meantime. It's also an admission they've known the entire time that Israel has been withholding aid in contravention of international humanitarian law and U.S. law.

A 30-day window—after the election—allows them to pretend to be tough on Netanyahu while allowing the genocide to continue in the meantime. It's also an admission they've known the entire time that Israel has been withholding aid in contravention of international humanitarian law and U.S. law.

What would you like him to do, send a SEAL team in to take him out?

I think a diplomatic solution is the only real solution here. I’m sure Biden is just trying to get it done.

I think a diplomatic solution is the only real solution here. I’m sure Biden is just trying to get it done.
How many democratically elected leaders has the CIA killed? In fact, the only reason Iran is in the position it is today is precisely because the CIA did this. Now, how many times has it bothered to take out a progenocidal dictator?

A lot of talk about the lesser of two evils around here for this to not be a seriously considered strategy for the Dems.

How many democratically elected leaders has the CIA killed? In fact, the only reason Iran is in the position it is today is precisely because the CIA did this. Now, how many times has it bothered to take out a progenocidal dictator?

A lot of talk about the lesser of two evils around here for this to not be a seriously considered strategy for the Dems.
And since no one in here can read tone, I'm not in favor of going to war with Israel, but it's pretty easy to not supply the money and weapons to them without going balls to the wall and assassinating the guy. Even if he does deserve to be tried for crimes against humanity.

How many times have we ever killed the leader of an Ally country and is that really a precedent we want to set?

I mean I don’t know what’s it gonna take. I don’t think anyone wants us to actually step into the battlefield there because then it gets real messy real quick. He’s unreasonable. Cutting off aid may make him just go balls to the wall. And his party is evidently gaining support there based on reading I was doing yesterday.

I mean I don’t know what’s it gonna take. I don’t think anyone wants us to actually step into the battlefield there because then it gets real messy real quick. He’s unreasonable. Cutting off aid may make him just go balls to the wall. And his party is evidently gaining support there based on reading I was doing yesterday.
Being blackmailed for our monetary and military support should be a red line. I would hope that if Trump wins, even if a majority voted for him and supported him, that if he started murdering immigrants that our allies would refuse to continue to do business with us. For them to talk sternly about how they don't approve while still getting theirs would turn me against the world. How can any Palestinian feel like they have a chance to live when the most they can get is stern words and no action? It has to be the most demoralizing and infuriating position to be in. To be powerless and to watch power stand by and watch.

On a slightly different topic, this was shared by a few black studies professors I know. Not sure that I have the brain power to think through it enough to have a "take" and I certainly don't need one, but it was an interesting read imo.

Maybe we shouldn't be allies with people who slaughter civilians?
We do not and have never had the moral high ground here, America has propped up some of the world most brutal dictators for a long time. Nothing has changed in regards to American foreign policy there. It is just now that it is being broadcast to the world with the dawn of social media. Even FDR who in pretty much every regard would be considered to be a top 5 president propped up dictatorships.

Man, all the U.S. needs to do is stop sending the bombs. If Biden wanted a diplomatic solution, there would be one. Unbelievable that you take this administration at its word after saying one thing and doing the exact opposite for a year now.

We do not and have never had the moral high ground here, America has propped up some of the world most brutal dictators for a long time. Nothing has changed in regards to American foreign policy there. It is just now that it is being broadcast to the world with the dawn of social media. Even FDR who in pretty much every regard would be considered to be a top 5 president propped up dictatorships.
I know it's nothing new. If I'd have been alive then I would have spoken out against it too. And certainly against his support of the Japanese internment camps.

Let’s be honest this is all heading towards an American proxy war with Iran through Isreal unless someone pulls the handbrake on Isreal very soon. No one needs that for several reasons including it pulling the two conflicts together through Iran’s alliance with Russia. FFS the Biden administration just needs tell them to back the fuck off or they get no more weapons.

Back