Political Discussion

We know he’s being vetted.

He’s everywhere for the same reason he was in 2020, he’s a level headed speaker and able to frame the platform in a way that resonates outside the party.
I think Mayor Pete is a great communicator and speaks in a “common man” type style that’s effective. Especially when he’s pressing an attack.
That said, I think he’d be too easy to attack. The Baltimore bridge collapse, the Ohio train derailment, the Southwest Airlines fiasco in 2022, all happened when he was Transportation Secretary. I can hear the attack ads now, “As Treasury Secretary Pete Buttigeig oversaw some of the worst tragedies for America’s infrastructure. Toxic clouds, collapsing bridges, needless deaths, and thousands and thousands of flights cancelled during the holiday season. Now Krazy Kamala wants us to trust him as Vice President. Mayor Pete needs to go, let’s make sure it happens. For all our safety.”

I think Mayor Pete is a great communicator and speaks in a “common man” type style that’s effective. Especially when he’s pressing an attack.
That said, I think he’d be too easy to attack. The Baltimore bridge collapse, the Ohio train derailment, the Southwest Airlines fiasco in 2022, all happened when he was Transportation Secretary. I can hear the attack ads now, “As Treasury Secretary Pete Buttigeig oversaw some of the worst tragedies for America’s infrastructure. Toxic clouds, collapsing bridges, needless deaths, and thousands and thousands of flights cancelled during the holiday season. Now Krazy Kamala wants us to trust him as Vice President. Mayor Pete needs to go, let’s make sure it happens. For all our safety.”
Naw, they’ll just stick with childless cat lady.

I think Vance is going to give all of them pause to make sure the VP is properly vetted as far back as they can go. If Trump loses, I'd love for it to be nothing more than because he allowed his idiot son to make this call.

Saw this earlier on Drudge and it made me chuckle:

Pointing to an ABC News/IPSOS poll, he declared, “It’s only gotten worse, from negative six points to now, negative 15 points. Mark my words, this is the worst vice presidential pick probably since 1972 when George McGovern chose Thomas Eagleton as his VP pick. He got replaced. I don’t think Vance is gonna get replaced, but that’s what we’re talking about. In no planet did I ever think we’d be talking about VP this late into the cycle after he was picked like 10 days ago.”

CNN’s Bakari Sellers responded by saying, “I think that J.D. Vance is kind of the Sarah Palin of Dan Quayles.”

Last edited:
I’d say Shapiro had an edge, but the former staff member making a cryptic accusation of him sweeping a sexual harassment case under the rug gives pause. Walz is a great attack dog, but he looks more than 1 year older than Harris and right now the Dem’s definitely want to play age against Trump. Kelly is still the leading candidate as I see it.

I’d say Shapiro had an edge, but the former staff member making a cryptic accusation of him sweeping a sexual harassment case under the rug gives pause. Walz is a great attack dog, but he looks more than 1 year older than Harris and right now the Dem’s definitely want to play age against Trump. Kelly is still the leading candidate as I see it.
No, it will probably be Beshear or Shapiro. I can't find it now but someone was saying it would be a governor.

No, it will probably be Beshear or Shapiro. I can't find it now but someone was saying it would be a governor.
Beshear is young, smart, and well liked in KY, but not enough so that they got rid of the old turtle or crazy eye doc as their senators. I don’t see what he would bring to the table. Walz at least shores up MN and helps the Great Lakes region. I still think that warning about Shapiro from a former staffer is concerning. Kelly is a political neophyte but what a life story he brings. Military service, astronaut, spouse of a senseless shooting survivor, but also still owns guns and both parents were cops. He’s an old school centrist as well, and from a swing state.

Beshear is young, smart, and well liked in KY, but not enough so that they got rid of the old turtle or crazy eye doc as their senators. I don’t see what he would bring to the table. Walz at least shores up MN and helps the Great Lakes region. I still think that warning about Shapiro from a former staffer is concerning. Kelly is a political neophyte but what a life story he brings. Military service, astronaut, spouse of a senseless shooting survivor, but also still owns guns and both parents were cops. He’s an old school centrist as well, and from a swing state.
Beshear gives you something Kamala needs, a person that moderate white voters that might scoff at voting for a black woman can look at and see themselves in. He's a Democrat in a red state who is pretty popular. He knows how to speak to the middle that she needs in order to win. Walz is great but I don't think Minnesota is a worry nor do I think he nets you Pennsylvania like Shapiro or Beshear does. PA and Kentucky share a lot of demographics along with a border. He took on Republicans in that state and won. Kelly might have his own skeletons with China. If Shapiro is the pick, it will be because they fully vetted him and the issues with the former staffer are not enough to pass him over. Shapiro is more of an issue because of his opposition to the pro-Palestinian groups. That's why I feel Beshear is the easier choice.

I can't look at him or listen to him without feeling angry and sick to my stomach. He's beyond deplorable, yet, nearly half the country supports this asshole. This election should be a landslide for Kamala - I hope it will be - but I do fear that there is some fuckery in the works regarding not certifying the votes. (like Rachel talked about in that clip upthread)

Back